<<  1    2    3  >>
Author: Subject: SNOW!!!
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 28-2-2004 at 16:40 Reply With Quote
I went off to the hills this morning, to the place I had been trying to persuade Shem to go to for the last coupld of days.. The show was thigh deep in places (I know I'm not very tall, but thats still a couple of feet!) and I had a excellent time boarding down through gullies that formed a kind of wide natural half-pipe which meant I was carving from rail to rail on big banks of powder!!!!

Zel... Did you manage to get out with our new board??

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

zelwaters
Pro

Member #: 351
Posts 98

Mood: desperate for windy warm weath

posted on 29-2-2004 at 22:56 Reply With Quote
nah i didnt get out in the end, me and carlos were ready to to go snow kiting, but the guys we were with, said there wasnt enough snow, and we were all eady and everything, damm gutted now that i have seen ur post, should have gone, especially after i went toa ll that trouble to get the gear!!!!

Have attached some pics of me in action today
u guys been askin to see and i finally managed to get round to doing it

[Edited on 29-2-2004 by zelwaters]

"its not the pace of life that scares me its that sudden drop at the end" NO FEAR

zelwaters
Pro

Posts 98

posted on 29-2-2004 at 22:58 Reply With Quote
she tries again

Attachment: Haze bigjump.JPG (63.42kb)
This file has been downloaded 273 times

"its not the pace of life that scares me its that sudden drop at the end" NO FEAR

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 1-3-2004 at 07:15 Reply With Quote
I'm dissappointed in you Zel... buying all that kit and then not even making the effort to use it... I should take away one of your gold stars!!!

Theres still plenty of snow up there on North Facing slopes today... Unfortunately I have to work all day (thats right... a WHOLE days work!!) so won't have chance to go out and play.

Al.

zelwaters
Pro

Posts 98

posted on 2-3-2004 at 02:11 Reply With Quote
hey al, just how much snow is ur way, and how long is it likely to last?

anymore snow forecasted?

might pull a sicky myself!

no the reason we didnt head out is because we were supposed to go out with someone else who can instruct us a little, never actually done it b4, (carlos very safety conscious) so we're going to our local snowboard centre to get some lessons in lol

i am truly dissapointed in myself for the both of us so il make sure i dont miss on any other opporunities if i can help it lol

Zel xx

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 2-3-2004 at 06:37 Reply With Quote
Theres still enough snow for snowboarding on noth facing slopes around here, but there isn't any more forecasted at the moment, and its going to warm up and rain tomorrow so today would be the last day.

Lessons!!! None of us had ever done it before either... (well I had a few years back here in Wales when we had some snow), but we just strapped the boards on and gave it a go. Theres not much that can go wrong really. Its not as though you'd launch yourself straight down a near vertical slope with a 60 foot cliff to drop off at the bottom (unless you were a bit stupid!).

But then again I haven't had any lessons in any of the sports I do. I tend to just buy the kit and make it up as I go along.

I still can't believe you bought all the kit and then didn't give it a go! When you told us the name of the board, its length etc. I assumed you knew what you were talking about and had done it all before (It didn't mean anything to me as I don't know what length a snowboard should be!!)

Which snowboard centre will you go to then?? You've got to get out on your board now that you've got it.

Al.

Joner
Hot shot

Member #: 131
Posts 74

Mood: Still Learning

posted on 2-3-2004 at 07:10 Reply With Quote
Hehe... I knew it.

I knew that as soon as I logged back on here there would have been a hive of activity because of the snow.

Sounds like you all had a good time.

Zelwaters... you must have more money than is good for you going out and buying new kit just to use on those rare occasions that we get snow, and then not even using it anyway. Al was right, in true Victor Meldrew style...

"I don't Beeeelieve it!!'

Joner

zelwaters
Pro

Posts 98

posted on 4-3-2004 at 12:23 Reply With Quote
hey what can i say, i truly thought we were gonna go, damm im never gonna live this stick down am i?

there are loadsa indoor places near by, we have tamworth, leeds, ski slope in rossendale, plenty of learning space, were planning on going not this weekend, but the weekend after :> .

Well one thing is for sure, at least ive got the stuff now, and dont have to muck around getting last minute gear the next time i wanna go, which is v soon .... teeehee

shawn
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 403
Posts 255

Mood: Chilled

posted on 4-3-2004 at 14:16 Reply With Quote
Hey Zel - Good air, wickedly good photo!!
By the way, if yer going learning to board (snow, that is), I'd highly recommend the slope at sheffield - it's got much better facilities that rossendale, and shreds yer butt less - although it takes about 30 mins more to get there from Manc land.
http://www.sheffieldskivillage.co.uk/

Don't have a cow man!

rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 550
Posts 375

Mood: tired!

posted on 14-3-2004 at 20:57 Reply With Quote
here's some evidence of the snowboarding and snowkiting taken in wales at the end of feb, sorry about the poor scan quality - i'll upload some better ones to my site as and when i get chance!

rob

rob has attached this image:

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 375

posted on 14-3-2004 at 20:58 Reply With Quote
and another

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 375

yet another

Attachment: tmebrd1.JPG (115.01kb)
This file has been downloaded 237 times

rob
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 375

last one - for more check out my site

zelwaters
Pro

Posts 98

posted on 17-3-2004 at 01:25 Reply With Quote
oooh sum good pics... ta for the advice lol... will probably get to either tamworth or leeds,,, ireckon leeds is closer so will check it out..... oooh i didnt write a diary entry (dont think at least)..... took my blade III 8.5 out in the water with me last weekend and the weekend B4.... got some quality body dragging done... However was still in my 3mm suit..... DUH oh welll as soon as i got back out on the beach and did some ladnboarding warmed up really quickly..... was a really good session not last sun but sun b4 had onshore winds between 12- 15mph.....LOVED IT!

anyway enuf already with the bragging.... anyone else had any wkd sessions?

shawn
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 403
Posts 255

Mood: Chilled

posted on 17-3-2004 at 09:13 Reply With Quote

Zel - you must be a raging loon going out in a 3mm suit in this weather - or I'm particularly nesh, 'cos there's no way I'd even consider it!! Nutter!

The place at Leeds is great for learning boarding - and check out the suspended playground in the entrance hall when you enter the building!! The skate park rocks too if you do that sort of stuff.

I've just bin rippin' it up in the 3 valleys (France) for a week - perfect snow, so deep it was almost impossible to hurt yourself (tried my best inc. 2 headfirst landings!!) - worst injury sustained was from sledging down a (unbeknown to me at the time) rocky hill on a placky bag when full of beer on the 1st night.

Don't have a cow man!

<<  1    2    3  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy