Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: New toy, shems gary fisher roscoe review
shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 16-9-2009 at 18:24 Reply With Quote
New toy, shems gary fisher roscoe review

had the new bike for a nearly a week now, and all going well.

A gary Fisher Roscoe 1

Its done exactly what I wanted and filled the space between the Antherm and the stinky. I seemed to always want both bikes at once, and this really does do both jobs well.

Up hill, its goes pretty much as well as the Anthem, maybe a little less spritley on single track climbs, but thats being fussy. Down hill is a joy, and although the 140mm of travel is a fair bit less than the stinkys 170mm, the quality is much better. the firmness is really appreciated, and is especially noticed when you take drops of over 3 foot.

Gearing and chain set is super smooth, sram x7 and x9, I never believed commebnst that sram was smoother than shimano, but now I deffinetly agree!!

Cranck height is great, the extra bit of clearance helps massivly in tech sections and even in sections klike the cli machx's rock garden, I crused over every knock with out a single peddle bash or foot down.

So, in short Im well pleased.

havnt tried it on my north shore yet, but may do that later tonight.

shem has attached this image:

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 16-9-2009 at 18:28 Reply With Quote
Oh and the stinkys gone, I had to find some pennies to pay for the new one some where, although in fairness to the boys at "The Holey Trail" in Machynlleth, they did a great deal on the roscoe, deffinetly good to spend the money localy rarther than on line for a change.
the only thing ive changed is the tyres, ( they wernt suited to wet british trails), and I cut a total of 3 inches off the overly wide bars.

Forgot to mention I did a few road miles, and it still pushes a serious pace.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy