Board logo

New toy, shems gary fisher roscoe review
shem - 16-9-2009 at 18:24

had the new bike for a nearly a week now, and all going well.

A gary Fisher Roscoe 1

Its done exactly what I wanted and filled the space between the Antherm and the stinky. I seemed to always want both bikes at once, and this really does do both jobs well.

Up hill, its goes pretty much as well as the Anthem, maybe a little less spritley on single track climbs, but thats being fussy. Down hill is a joy, and although the 140mm of travel is a fair bit less than the stinkys 170mm, the quality is much better. the firmness is really appreciated, and is especially noticed when you take drops of over 3 foot.

Gearing and chain set is super smooth, sram x7 and x9, I never believed commebnst that sram was smoother than shimano, but now I deffinetly agree!!

Cranck height is great, the extra bit of clearance helps massivly in tech sections and even in sections klike the cli machx's rock garden, I crused over every knock with out a single peddle bash or foot down.

So, in short Im well pleased.

havnt tried it on my north shore yet, but may do that later tonight.

shem - 16-9-2009 at 18:28

Oh and the stinkys gone, I had to find some pennies to pay for the new one some where, although in fairness to the boys at "The Holey Trail" in Machynlleth, they did a great deal on the roscoe, deffinetly good to spend the money localy rarther than on line for a change.
the only thing ive changed is the tyres, ( they wernt suited to wet british trails), and I cut a total of 3 inches off the overly wide bars.

Forgot to mention I did a few road miles, and it still pushes a serious pace.