Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: Poetry
shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 14-3-2007 at 15:57 Reply With Quote
Ye I lived in Margrets for 6 months and the east coast for 6 months, west oz is epic, Im gaging to go back there kiting.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

booger
Pro

Member #: 1324
Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 18-3-2007 at 00:08 Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shem
I had some great surf on the east coast, namely Burleigh heads and Kirra. I had a few good days at Maroochedore, and Noosa is just awesome. But compared to the Hype, I found most of the east coast far from great, and although consistent, the quality of the surf was no ware near as good as our cold water perfect welsh reefs.

Western Oz, however is a different kettle of fish, with masses of swell and perfect reefs and fun beach breaks all over the place.

Where on the Goldy are you booger?

Oh, forgot about Byron, I had some great fun on my Mal at the bluff.

no wonder you didnt enjoy the surf, i hate all those waves, wouldnt have surfed any of those in atleast 5 years. Kirra is the most overated crowded wave in the world. So many better options around.

shem

Posts 2204

posted on 18-3-2007 at 16:20 Reply With Quote
So where are you?????

I was lucky I scored 4-5 foot perfect Kirra, with 5 people out, all day, stoked. I only used to surf Burleigh at 4 am, to beat the crowds, but ye yar right all over rated. Poped to south straddie a few times, but a lot of effort.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 19-3-2007 at 08:06 Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shem
So where are you?????

I was lucky I scored 4-5 foot perfect Kirra, with 5 people out, all day, stoked. I only used to surf Burleigh at 4 am, to beat the crowds, but ye yar right all over rated. Poped to south straddie a few times, but a lot of effort.

I am north middle gold coast. I do not believe your kirra story unless you are talking about 10-20 years or more ago. On a full moon people surf the wave 24/7 (when it has the swell).

Straddie is a sik wave. But best beachie in QLD is by far Wurtulla, less crowd and better form. But for consistency and wind you cant beat Dbah.

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 19-3-2007 at 08:15 Reply With Quote
Here is quote from some famous guy summing up QLD

quote:
Originally posted by booger
QLD has the best rum in the world, but the shittest waves.

[Edited on 19-3-2007 by booger]

shem

Posts 2204

posted on 19-3-2007 at 09:38 Reply With Quote
Kirra, 1999. Pumping, will post da photos when I find them. I was amazed my self, but stoked. Dont get me wronf, I loved the gold coast, it awesome, and a great laugh, but for quality surf, western oz just cranks every day.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 20-3-2007 at 12:34 Reply With Quote
Ok, ill pay that. 1999 is a fair while ago now. Now days the place is an absolute circus on anything rideable at the place, or pretty much the whole goldy. Never been to WA. Mabey when i feel the urge to fight aboriginals, drink like crazy and surf some death pits i may consider it. Bit of a misson driving across the nullabor aswell
shem

Posts 2204

posted on 20-3-2007 at 21:26 Reply With Quote
Its not a mission, you u can drive it in a about 8-10 days, easily, and theres heaps of good surf on the way. Ive done it a couple of times. Makes for a good Holiday! You should go, Im sure a pit charging sponger, like your self would love it there, and Im sure the locals would love your attitude and befriend you instantly.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 20-3-2007 at 21:44 Reply With Quote
8-10 days, i got mates that do it in a weekend, just drive straight. When i go, ill say i know shem and i kiteboard and everyone would love me, actually no i would keep that one quiet, people would think i was a poof
shem

Posts 2204

posted on 22-3-2007 at 17:23 Reply With Quote
2 days yes, but I stopped to surf and drink piss on the way. You should try leaving Queensland when you grow up, its a big world out there booger. Maybe then youd have better things to do than write poetry, hehe.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 8-4-2007 at 17:56 Reply With Quote
I find booger funny, not because he himself is funny (and not because of his poetry or "booger the comedian" thread either), but because:

It seems anything that he hasn't done/tried/experienced, or anything he doesn't like/agree with, he slaughters and takes the urine out of it.

You must be the greatest person in the world booger, you always think so highly of yourself. Other people's posts here are right, "wait until you grow up". Learn to accept other things that don't include you, everything isn't about the gold coast. And yet you come on these forums labelled "Windsurf UK, Kitesurf UK, Surf UK and Bodyboard UK" and wee wee on it.

I've had my rant
The end.

<<  1    2  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy