Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Will this weekend be suitable?
jamesy101
Hot shot

Member #: 875
Posts 62

Mood:

posted on 5-5-2006 at 16:20 Reply With Quote
Will this weekend be suitable?

Hello, I am hoping to try my windsurfer this weekend but I have no idea whether or not it will be suitable. As I have no past experience I would like to have a go on the estuary at Ynyslas. Could any of you more experienced people tell me if I am going to be wasting my time? Thanks, James.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 5-5-2006 at 16:30 Reply With Quote
hi, theres a small chance of a early morning wind in the estuary, realistically Id say its gonna be crap, and rain is forcast.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

jamesy101
Hot shot

Posts 62

Mood:

posted on 5-5-2006 at 18:53 Reply With Quote
Thank you Shem. I think I will go in anyway, nothing to stop me having a surf if Magic Seaweed is correct.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
johndoc2000
Beach Bum

Member #: 1697
Posts 18

Mood:

posted on 5-5-2006 at 18:59 Reply With Quote
Lots of disappointed wind-seekers here (and in kitesurf) with the outlook for the w'end. For the beginners keen to get some (any) practice in..... what's the least we can get moving on? Is a a paltry F5 (due this w'end) ANY use at all??!?!??
I'm talking about the peep's who've just done their level 1 or 2 or Fast Forward and then those who're just moving on to intermediate.

(gonna stick at it and sooner or later us L plates may even make an input to the forum!!)

jamesy101
Hot shot

Posts 62

Mood:

posted on 8-5-2006 at 16:22 Reply With Quote
Okay, I was really keen to finally try windsurfing but I couldn't turn down the waves. I think I will see more wind than waves this year!
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 9-5-2006 at 09:33 Reply With Quote
Yep, you are definitely likely to get more wind than waves in this part of the country. When I first moved here I surfed all the time and rearely windsurfed, but that soon changed and I now get out windsurfing much more than surfing as the conditions are so much better for it... Although looking at the charts at the moment we aren't due any wind for a while!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy