Board logo

Will this weekend be suitable?
jamesy101 - 5-5-2006 at 16:20

Hello, I am hoping to try my windsurfer this weekend but I have no idea whether or not it will be suitable. As I have no past experience I would like to have a go on the estuary at Ynyslas. Could any of you more experienced people tell me if I am going to be wasting my time? Thanks, James.

shem - 5-5-2006 at 16:30

hi, theres a small chance of a early morning wind in the estuary, realistically Id say its gonna be crap, and rain is forcast.

jamesy101 - 5-5-2006 at 18:53

Thank you Shem. I think I will go in anyway, nothing to stop me having a surf if Magic Seaweed is correct.

johndoc2000 - 5-5-2006 at 18:59

Lots of disappointed wind-seekers here (and in kitesurf) with the outlook for the w'end. For the beginners keen to get some (any) practice in..... what's the least we can get moving on? Is a a paltry F5 (due this w'end) ANY use at all??!?!??
I'm talking about the peep's who've just done their level 1 or 2 or Fast Forward and then those who're just moving on to intermediate.

(gonna stick at it and sooner or later us L plates may even make an input to the forum!!)

jamesy101 - 8-5-2006 at 16:22

Okay, I was really keen to finally try windsurfing but I couldn't turn down the waves. I think I will see more wind than waves this year!

justal - 9-5-2006 at 09:33

Yep, you are definitely likely to get more wind than waves in this part of the country. When I first moved here I surfed all the time and rearely windsurfed, but that soon changed and I now get out windsurfing much more than surfing as the conditions are so much better for it... Although looking at the charts at the moment we aren't due any wind for a while!

Al.