Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: Shockwave or Switchblade ??????????
Palmer
Beach Bum

Member #: 400
Posts 29

Mood:

posted on 26-4-2006 at 15:19 Reply With Quote
Out of all the bow style kites the only one I've flown has been the Cabrinha Xbow so can only comment on this one.
Build quality of the kite is excellant and when I took it to the beach for the 1st time I took it out of the bag, connected the lines (virtually fool proof) and launched it.
The kite flew perfectely straight away with no trimming or adjusting.
The Xbow is more in line with a higher aspect ratio kite ie it's faster through the air and generates more lift where-as the Switchblade (this is where the topic started) is more of a lower aspect ratio, ie it flys a little slower and won't generate as much lift.
As for kites on the beach...you will always see more kites at certain beaches if there is a retailer near-by selling them.
I understand the top 3 kite brands for last year were 1st ??? 2nd Naish 3rd Cabrinha.
The top 3 brands dominated kite sales with all other brands making up a very small percentage, this was last year though so could be different for this year but very much doubt it.
Cabrinha have their own manufacturing site most, if not all all other brands are made up under contract at other peoples factories / sweat shops.
After all that the only way you can make a true impartial judgement is to examine and fly a few different brands brands.

[Edited on 28-4-2006 by Palmer]

<<  1    2  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy