ajdesq
A Force-of-Nature *

F-O-N Champion 2003

Member #: 6
Posts 214

Mood: Living to kitesurf :-)

posted on 1-1-2004 at 22:23 Reply With Quote
New Toybox :-)

At last my new toybox has arrived, and is totally stonking.

Life with the hairdresser's coupe was driving me nuts, and the Trafic is the answer to my prayers.

For the petrol (diesel?) heads out there, it's a Renault Trafic LL29dCi 140 ABS. That is, 2.5i diesel putting out 140bhp :-)

Proud father pix are on the 'news' page of my website, www.ajdesq.com.

To get away from the 'pikey' look, we have alloy wheels to match those on the caravan, metallic blue paint, and a window in the side door. That window and those on the back doors will be tinted at the end of January.

My d-i-y is pretty non-existant. I thought 'Two-be-one' was an African dictator. So I've got the professionals to kit out the back, and it turns out they're the same folks who kit out Robby Swift's wheels! It's been lined with GRP coated ply to make the back 100% waterproof, and the floor has a non-slip coating. There's a ramp to load the motorbike in on the offside (which has yet to be gripped), and the lashing points are yet to be finished. Once the bike's in, there are fold-down brackets on the nearside to hold the boards. All in in, I'm pretty damn pleased. Once the fitting out in the back's done I'll post a few pix.

Thanks for indulging me

Andrew

There's more to life than KITESURFING!

Let me know when you find it.

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 2-1-2004 at 22:22 Reply With Quote
Tiffany looks nice.... How much di it cost to have it 'lined with GRP coated ply to make the back 100% waterproof'??

Have you got any photos of the interior?

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

markh
Hot shot

Member #: 42
Posts 56

Mood:

posted on 7-1-2004 at 12:30 Reply With Quote
Who did you use to get the lining & racks done? I'm considering getting phase 2 of the van interior done properly (i.e. not by me!)
ajdesq
A Force-of-Nature *

F-O-N Champion 2003

Posts 214

posted on 11-1-2004 at 21:57 Reply With Quote
Erm... hard to say what it cost, due to the fact that it was all 'little bits' getting added on here & there. I reckon that including the bike ramp and everything we're looking at about 800 (sharp intake of breath). Only the best for my Triumph, and, hey, it IS my garage & board room after all!

The person to speak to is Alan at AdVANced Systems UK Ltd, Tel 01233 770000. www.plylines.com They're 10miles from Ashford Kent.

They do Robby Swift's vans and they REALLY know what they're doing - the fitting out oozes quality. Alan suggested loads of things I never thought about, like they lined the top of the plastic bumper with metal sheeting as it'll get used as a step. They have a top reputation in these parts.

The final fitting out should be done by the end of the month, then I'll post some pix.

Andrew

ajdesq
A Force-of-Nature *

F-O-N Champion 2003

Posts 214

posted on 9-2-2004 at 17:56 Reply With Quote
IT'S FINISHED!

a taster piccy is attached, but for more in depth pix & description, go to the 'toys' page at www.ajdesq.com

Attachment: 04020807.JPG (17.5kb)
This file has been downloaded 432 times

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy