Author: Subject: If Only......
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 5-11-2003 at 16:58 Reply With Quote
If Only......

If only I had a 4m mast, 5m sail, boom and I didn't have to work, or it didn't get dark so early!!

The conditons here at Borth today were epic. 25-30 knot SE winds and 3 foot surf. Perfect cross-offshore wave-riding conditions. Its not often we get such good frontside wave-riding conditions here, but today was just as good as anyone could wish for. Even though I wasn't able to get out there, just watching the waves and imagining being on them was cool...Perfect head-high walls of water, holding up forever and peeling both left and right with huge plumes of spray coming off them!!! Lovely.

I did manage to get out for a surf this morning though before the wind had picked up properly and in the shelter of the cliffs at the Lifeboat Station.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

IainO
Pro

Member #: 153
Posts 93

Mood: Closer to the sea now

posted on 6-11-2003 at 23:17 Reply With Quote
Similar situation with the mast. Got my 4m RDM mast and extension well and truly welded together when I was sailing at Skegness a few months ago, forgot all about it and am now paying the price.

Have clamped it in a boom clamp, next to the ferrule, and locked it to a solid upright. Sprayed plenty of WD40 then, using a screwdriver through the adjustment holes, applied the maximum torque I could muster. The result was a small amount of twisting movement and about 3cm removed from the mast (still leaving 15cm in the mast).

End result is my favourite mast is now unusable as the extension will not move out or in

mexican bandit
Pro

Beach Bum (By special appointment)

Member #: 77
Posts 113

Mood: palm trees and bikinis

posted on 7-11-2003 at 08:20 Reply With Quote
If I could only win the lottery, leave it all behind in search of waves...

...one can dream!

"Why should I have to WORK for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it! " C&H

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy