Author: Subject: Neon Coloured Wetsuits
Wolfman
Beach Bum

Member #: 334
Posts 24

Mood: Wishing I was in Aber

posted on 4-10-2003 at 16:18 Reply With Quote
Neon Coloured Wetsuits

Ok while I'm ranting about wetsuits and maybe showing my age what happened to the good old days of neon coloured wetsuits?

How come you can now have whatever colour you want as long as its Black.!!Now I have nothing against black it's a cool colour but personally I kind of like to stand out from the crowd and make a bit of a statement, you can get coloured boards and sails so why not suits?? Plus never mind fashion, from a safety point of view if your floating out to sea and you want rescuing (hey you never know!) who's going to see you at dusk in a black suit and hood??

Going off at a tangent but I'm also looking for some Spiderman climbing tights has anyone seen any??

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 5-10-2003 at 06:59 Reply With Quote
I used to have a lovely Sola Predator suit, bright yellow and orange!!!

one of the problems with the really bright suits though was that they had to use whit neoprene under the brightly coloured fabric so that the colours weren't dulled by the usual black neoprene. White neoprene had a really low carbon content and therefore broke down really easily under exposure to UV rays... Not a good feature for a wetsuit realy, even in the UK. Also quite a few suits a single lined these days as its warmer than a double lined suit, so they have to be black.. Although, Spartan (and a few others) did use to make polyproplene (I think) suits rather than neoprene suits which were brightly coloured, but I don't think they were as felxible as neoprene so it never really caught on.

Besides, I don't think climbing out of a ferrari in a neon wesuit would be cool!!

Spiderman climbing tights sound cool though!!!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

SeanBo
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 135
Posts 337

Mood: Optimistic!

posted on 5-10-2003 at 20:22 Reply With Quote
If you want some added colour, then the trend seems to be to wera your rashie over your wetsuit. They come in all shapes and sizes and are a lot more colourfull than the wetsuits.

My Fatface one would look great over my suit, but I can't sail well enough to draw attention to myself!

Is there wind on the way??

SinistaPenguin
Pro

Member #: 359
Posts 122

Mood: Getting less surf than my avat

posted on 6-10-2003 at 10:40 Reply With Quote
I have an old (and I mean OLD) Sola 3mm suit which is Blue and Peach!

Going cheap if anyone wants it!!

"...that's just the lemon next to the pie..."

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy