Author: Subject: Pray for Waves!
SinistaPenguin
Pro

Member #: 359
Posts 122

Mood: Getting less surf than my avat

posted on 10-9-2003 at 15:57 Reply With Quote
Pray for Waves!

Going to Newquay for a week next Monday. Please cross your fingers and pray for waves for me!!

My brother in law is going to be buying his first board too. Hopefully he'll get a chance to use it.

The downside is that I also need some good weather - the wife and 8 week old daughter will be there too and I can't leave the baby on a cold wet beach.

Anyone know what the weather's going to be like next week?

Wolfman
Beach Bum

Member #: 334
Posts 24

Mood: Wishing I was in Aber

posted on 10-9-2003 at 19:01 Reply With Quote
Hey Penguin,

Check out http://www.metcheck.com

Looks like its going to be dry but a bit windy and cloudy, although you never can tell with long range forecasts could be a heat wave by next week

Mind you I remember a couple of years ago getting this mad idea one night sitting in the pub in Henley with some mates to drive to Cornwall after last orders since it had been lovely and hot and sunny for weeks and we all fancied seeing the sea (before any one says anything I don't drink so was quite sober!) anyway five hours later we arrived in Newquay only to find it pouring down with rain!

Still I'm sure the sun will shine, hope you have a great time. - take the baby surfing never too young to start

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
SinistaPenguin
Pro

Member #: 359
Posts 122

Mood: Getting less surf than my avat

posted on 11-9-2003 at 09:44 Reply With Quote
I looked at MetCheck - it looks like being a bit crappy for the week, but it's still a break and hopefully it'll mean a few waves!!

Looks like I'm going to get soaked driving down though - my handi-rack will leak if it's too heavy.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy