Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Hi all, new sponger here, check it out!
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 20-8-2003 at 09:00 Reply With Quote
Hi all, new sponger here, check it out!

Hi all,
I'm Airborne (not real name), and i'm new to these forums. They look pretty sick! Anyway, i have been body boarding for about two years now, i have a Manta Elite Board and "Winston" fins. I usually go to surf the west of France or Croyde Bay in North Devon. Anyone else here a sponger? If you are, tell me about yourself eg. boards, fins, surf spots etc.

Thanks and see ya around.
Airbourne.

mexican bandit
Pro

Beach Bum (By special appointment)

Member #: 77
Posts 113

Mood: palm trees and bikinis

posted on 20-8-2003 at 19:17 Reply With Quote
I'm a surfer hooked on kites and other toys. I still sponge when the waves are right for it: Close out shore break, sucky wedgy type on shallow banks or reefs; or when taking my shortboard is too expensive (you can get away with a sponge as normal baggage on a flight).

My board is a Morey Match 7-SS - the one with the groves on the deck for gripping.

My fins are some scuba diving ones - hard translucid plastic with solicone rubber foot - cut and grinded to a decent shape/size . I found these were better than any off the Churchill or Viper fins out there as you got similar power with less foot damage and if you loose one it hurts the pocket less.

Mexican Bandit

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by mexican bandit]

"Why should I have to WORK for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it! " C&H

Angry_Apple
Pro

Can't put my finger on it Award 2003

Member #: 272
Posts 75

Mood: angry....yet content

posted on 27-8-2003 at 09:41 Reply With Quote
Hi Airborne,
Im the same age as you(amazing...)and I live on the coast of west wales.I tend to go to New Quay for my fix of sponging and surfing...I went to France(Brittany) for a surf trip and that was amazing! I heard that you where going to France...
Angry_Apple
p.s check out www.missionsurf.com
it has THE best range of Manta gear...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 28-8-2003 at 08:54 Reply With Quote
Hi all,

Hey Angry_Apple,
How is New Quay for surf? I think France has sick waves especially along the West coast, really good six-footers near Le Sabbles De L'Olonne. Massive, fast, steep with a slight curl at the lip.
Thanks for the website.

See ya l8er.
Airborne.

Angry_Apple
Pro

Can't put my finger on it Award 2003

Member #: 272
Posts 75

Mood: angry....yet content

posted on 28-8-2003 at 09:04 Reply With Quote
Hey Airborne,
New Quay is amazing for surf..honestly it is! I go there every year, at different times of the year too and there are constant huge waves rolling. I spent 8 hours just surfing to my hearts content! It was so fun! You should visit there, dare I say it again, it was so much fun.

Yeah Ive been to France for a surf trip, and we went to some secluded areas on the coast, let me tell you, just perfect waves. I went in the Brittany area around about there.

So did you see any thing you liked in the website?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angry_Apple

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 28-8-2003 at 09:24 Reply With Quote
Great, do you know where Fistral is?

I've just been on the website, it was alright, but i found that there wasn't much choice. Bit boring.
But, some of the surf videos looked good. Can you recommend a body boarding video?

Airborne.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy