Pro

Beach Bum (By special appointment)

Member #: 77
Posts 113

Mood: palm trees and bikinis

posted on 12-8-2003 at 19:13 Reply With Quote
Review of Storm Riders Guide; World Edition

Storm Riders Guide; World Edition

“The WORLD Stormrider Guide is the first and only comprehensive colour guide to 80 of the planet's premier surfing coastlines. Detailed analysis of the surf spots, the optimum meteorological and oceanographic conditions, plus the low down on the local scene, hazards, access, getting there, accommodation and much more.” The Surfer’s Path

Tried and tested at in Puerto Escondido, Costa Rica, Basque Country and Morocco. This is very accurate; almost a bible to some. I learnt my lesson for not listening to the best wave season for Costa Rica and found myself riding mushy wind swells.

Whenever you travel around and meet itinerant surfers they will always have a dog-eared copy or photocopy of this or one of the regional versions. It is always consulted before moving on to the next break.

I would say that some of the warnings sound like the usual crap about foreign countries: don’t drink the water, avoid drugs, and beware of political unrest and poverty. Some of this is common sense, and some of it is BS. They should probably cover the globe map with the same warnings.

Why should you buy this? Well, it might save you from flat surfing trips or tell you the right suits and boards to pack, making your bags lighter so you $ave more than the book cost in excess baggage charges.

Spencer
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 250
Posts 282

Mood:

posted on 13-8-2003 at 01:16 Reply With Quote
We make 'The stormrider Giude' at the factory where i work so im lucky enough to get a free copy every year
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 13-8-2003 at 06:21 Reply With Quote
I've got the original Stormrider guide to Europe. Its looking a bit dog-eared now (I'm not sure what year it is, but its quite old and well used). The places are still the same of course and it had lots of little write-ups about the history of surfing in each of the areas.

Secret Spots are missd out and some areas weren't covered that well, but its still a good read and encourages me to get out there and explore. It didn't have as many photos as the later editions either.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy