Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Seanbo - what happened?
ajdesq
A Force-of-Nature *

F-O-N Champion 2003

Member #: 6
Posts 214

Mood: Living to kitesurf :-)

posted on 14-7-2003 at 21:42 Reply With Quote
Seanbo - what happened?

Have just noticed that Seanbo's 'Nursing a major windsurfing injury'. What happened? Is he OK? Have I missed something? And is it any of my business anyway? Nothing in the diary about it...

Concerned of Seattle.

J...
Hot shot

Member #: 145
Posts 30

Mood: Margarita Bound 08/12/04 Bring

posted on 14-7-2003 at 22:00 Reply With Quote
'Nursing a major windsurfing

Dear Concerned,
Seanbo is nearly always either nursing or getting over a big Injury he is still alive I spoke to him only this evening so don't you go fretting sail/board repair houses,our man in Brittany is back in the UK and ready (ish) to RIP so don't cancel that two weeks in the Caribbean yet.
J......lol lol lol

SeanBo
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 135
Posts 337

Mood: Optimistic!

posted on 15-7-2003 at 08:10 Reply With Quote
France trip Sit Rep

OK so I havn't got round to the diary entries yet, but for those interested here is the potted history:

Day 1 - 6.7M weather with lots of sun and 2ft swell. Great for an intermediatte like me.

Day 2 - 6.7M Weather with lots of sun and 2-3ft swell. Great fun until I 'tripped' on a wave and slammed my chest into my boom (using my fist as an ideal tool to localise the impact on my sternum)

Day 3-8 - 6ishM Weather with lots of sun and flat water to 2 foot swell. Sat on beach wincing everytime I breathed or moved.

Day 9-12 - Light Breeze and flat water - Taught friend to sail as and when. Tried some slow speed windsurfing (sailing backwards etc)

On return to UK went to Dr's. It seems I have 'disrupted' something on my sternum/ribs and need to take it easy for about 4 weeks.

Still the Dr did say if it hurts don't do it, and sailing at slow speeds seemed OK. I must just remember not to fall off
--------------------------------
So there you go, another 'keeping it real' report from a 'stoked up' member of the travelling windsurfing team 'on a wicked mission'.

Best regards - The Wimp!

Is there wind on the way??

SeanBo
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 135
Posts 337

Mood: Optimistic!

posted on 15-7-2003 at 21:09 Reply With Quote
Ok, for those of you sad enough to be interested in a geriatrics holiday report, the main sessions have now
been posted in the diary.

There were two more days on the board, but they were very much tuition and summer cruising, so although fun, were not what I planned. I may add them just to improve my score, but not tonight.

Back off to listen to my Chas and Dave album now! (see word association postings)

Is there wind on the way??

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy