Author: Subject: Kitesurfing Turkey
Kitefish
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 945
Posts 299

Mood:

posted on 5-8-2011 at 07:39 Reply With Quote
Kitesurfing Turkey

After years of truckin around Turkey with all my kit I have been mainly disapointed in the kite spots. During the summer the beaches like Calis Fethiye rely on thermal winds created as the land heats up, b ut this has been very much hit or miss for me. Recently there have been a number of articles in mags regarding Gokova, this is about an hour west of Dalaman airport and about 3 hours from our place in Kas. As I going back to Blighty on saturday we have come down to the town of Akyaka to kite Gokova bay and yes everything is true it is a top windy spot very well catered for kiters. The wind starts like clockwork at 10:30 through to 18:30 everyday speeds 16 to 25 knots. The beach is reached from the Marmaris road and down a track and accomodation is found in Akyaka about 10 mins around the bay. The beach is exclusively for kiting and has sensible rules, there is a charge 10 TL (£3.50) this includes toilets, showers, hoses for washing kit, a cafe and parking. There are about 5 kite schools and rental outlets all very professional, all rent equipment, have shops and repairs. I have had to hire kit which is costing 70 euros/day but i am paying in lira with a 20% discount as I am hiring for three days, all kit is new 2011 and in good cond. I have hired a Slingshot RPM with Nobile T5 board, now I am Mr Flexifoil but I am seriously impressed with the RPM it's turns very fast, has awesome boost and the relaunch is the easiest I have ever used. The sea has some wave but I would term as rough chop, although the small waves great for launching off. I am not well known for my flick flackery moves but I have managed a 780 backloop, not intentinal but I did not get spanked. Anyway it's time to hit the sea. See you all next week.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy