justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 23-6-2003 at 05:26 Reply With Quote
Top 5 UK beaches

Which are your favourite UK beaches??

Mine would have to be (in no particular order)

1. Borth - Because I live there, and although not ever having world class conditions for anything, it does get more than its fair share of wind, can have some good surf, is good for beach-based activities and has a wide-range of conditions from easy to challenging. It's also bever too busy.

2. Spekes Mill, N.Devon - I haven't been there for a while but it used to be a completely unspoilt, quiet, dificult to find hideaway from the real world. surrounded by high cliffs and with some decent surf too.

3. Bernery, Outer Hebrides - OK, so thats a whole island, not a beach, but it is surrounded by one big beach and is absolutely amazing. Pure white sand, turquoise seas, hardly anyone around. You can park right on the edge of the beach in places and look out over the islands of The Sound of Harris, or watch the surf roll in on the more remote NW side of the island. Just the perfect getway from it all beach.

4. Hosta, North Uist - Not far from Berneray and with a similar feel, but with some pretty meaty surf, big seals and big blow-hole on the cliffs. (I could list loads of beaches from the Hebrides!)

5. Sandwood Bay, NW Scotland - OK, so I've never been there, its difficult to get to and is supposed to have some spectacular surf. It sounds good and I'd like to get there one day.

So what are your favourites??

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

markh
Hot shot

Member #: 42
Posts 56

Mood:

posted on 30-6-2003 at 15:27 Reply With Quote
Not really been to enough to tell but fwiw:-

1) Polzeath - Obviously can get crowded but I've managed some really good surfs here thanks to forgiving conditions
2) Putsborough - particularly on days when Croyde is working and so the crowds stay away
3) Croyde - in the winter
4) Daymer Bay - until the alu mast i had borrowed snapped!
5) Hayling Island - not much of a beach but good blasting conditions and easy to get to for me.

Al - I might check out your secret Spekes Mill spot this weekend as will be down in Saunton, Sat, Sun and Monday. Sounds interesting!

P.S. If anyone else is down there and spots a Green VW LWB Transporter, do pop over and say hi.

Mark

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy