Author: Subject: Anyone for kitesurfing monday
Fart Boy
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 1459
Posts 408

Mood:

posted on 10-10-2010 at 19:15 Reply With Quote
Anyone for kitesurfing monday

After the weekends madness Im hoping the wind gods are worn out a bit so may come over for a sail. Anyone about.
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 11-10-2010 at 09:39 Reply With Quote
Ivor isn't worn out at the moment - He's doing his best impression of an absolute hoolie in the estuary at the moment!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Fart Boy
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 1459
Posts 408

Mood:

posted on 11-10-2010 at 20:11 Reply With Quote
Yep. I hung on to the 11 as long as I could but the 7 came out for the first time in a year. I came in for a cupa and the wind picked up by another 10 knots for a while at the van. Plenty of wind and a nice sunny autum day!
justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 12-10-2010 at 06:20 Reply With Quote
Still windy out there this morning as well!

Al.

nomadsec

Member #: 9122
Posts 2

Mood: extremely unhappy

posted on 12-10-2010 at 22:36 Reply With Quote
an unhappy angler

Hi,
My name is Steve, I am the Hon. Secretary of the Eastbourne Nomads Angling Club.
On Monday 11th October 2010 our club had a competition against another club from Brighton, this took place on Seaford beach, close to Tidemills in East Sussex.
This was a very important competition.
About midday three kitesurfers showed up on the beach, and a boat off shore. They started to kitesurf and looked very impressive.
There was a dozen of us fishing on the beach, most of us were surface fishing for Garfish.
One of the kitesurfers surfed right across 2 or 3 of our lines, when this happened once, we took it as a mistake, but it then got extremely annoying as the kitesurfer went across our lines time and time again. He was moving too fast to see our lines, but he would have seen us on the beach, he was only about 30 to 40 feet from the beach, it would have been obvious to anyone that there were lines going out to sea, a few of us were shouting at him to watch out for our lines.
He had plenty of room further to his right towards the harbour, or if he'd gone at least 200 yards out, he wouldn't have interfered with anyone, instead he competely ruined my day, and almost cost our team the shield. I am not very happy.
Is there any way of you letting other kitesurfers know to give us anglers, and other beach or sea users a bit of room and respect, we would do the same for other beach users.
The beach and the sea belongs to all of us, it's not funny to ruin someone elses enjoyment.

dunk
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 570
Posts 606

Mood: Spaced out

posted on 13-10-2010 at 08:47 Reply With Quote
Steve,

I'm really sorry to hear about your fishing competition being ruined by kitesurfers.

All I can say is, we're not all like that, and the majority of us show respect to all other water users.

I have reposted your post on kiteboarder forum (http://www.kiteboarder.co.uk/kitesurfing/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42447), as most of the kitesurfers on here are based around Mid Wales.

Sorry again, and tight lines from Wales!

Dunk

KITE / SAIL REPAIRS

http://www.jonnieeisler.com

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 13-10-2010 at 09:04 Reply With Quote
Yep, as Dunk says, most of us aren't like that but it only takes one person to ruin it for everyone else.

We have had similar issues here with fishermen / kitesurfers/ surfers / windsurfers but by and large we all get on well together and respect each others space on the beach. It may not be the same at all beaches but we do our best to get along here.

Al.

snoozer11
Pro

Member #: 8676
Posts 98

Mood:

posted on 13-10-2010 at 09:19 Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that Steve. Its horrible getting hooked up in a line - those kiters must have been mad to do it intentionally. I think it usually works well here (west wales) between the various regular beach users, although I was not very amused with the two separate groups of sunday afternoon dog walkers that parked (unnecessarily - plenty of space elsewhere) on the beach next to what was clearly a kite launching area, let their dogs leap straight out of the car and run all over my and others kite lines and nipping at my legs, despite the miles of empty beach available...

Neal.

nomadsec

Member #: 9122
Posts 2

Mood: extremely unhappy

posted on 13-10-2010 at 19:10 Reply With Quote
Dunk,

Thankyou very much for your reply and your help, in posting my post to the other site, very kind.
I've just come off the other site, some of the replies are not very nice (not like this site), makes me feel like i'm wrong for having an interest and enjoying myself.
I try to keep it polite and respectable, others don't. oh well, takes all sorts to make a world.
Anyway, thanks again.
Kite surfing looks like fun, but also a bit dangerous, so KEEP SAFE.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy