Author: Subject: What a Stonker!!
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 28-5-2003 at 20:17 Reply With Quote
What a Stonker!!

Well, the lack of wind seems to have spurred my credit card into action!!

I've ordered a Stonker 157 twin tip kiteboard complete with two sets of fins, straps and pads. Its got to come from Australia, but I'll let you know what its like when it arrives..... i should be getting a free fleece with it as well.

Also, as theres been no wind I went and bought a petrol brushcutter today so that i can go mad in the garden!!!.... Aaaaaahhh... wheres all the wind gone!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

ajdesq
A Force-of-Nature *

F-O-N Champion 2003

Member #: 6
Posts 214

Mood: Living to kitesurf :-)

posted on 29-5-2003 at 07:52 Reply With Quote
I can assure you we haven't nicked the wind down here in Frogland, there's diddly squat here too, and none foreseen.

Just because I buy new kit you HAVE to go one better don't you, oh yes, always got to be the flashest, got to be the top brick in the chimney... yadder yadder yadder

Will be interested in how you get on with the new toys. Given the lack of wind here I was planning on heading on up to Borth, so be a good chap and sort out some decent weather in the meantime, cheers!

Andrew

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 21-7-2003 at 19:38 Reply With Quote
Well, my Stonker kiteboard has finally arrived, and it looks pretty good. Bright green with a blue centre and kinda charcoal grey deck pads.

Now all I have to do is get out there and try it...

Al.

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 11-8-2003 at 06:12 Reply With Quote
I've finally had chance to try the board out. I went out on Saturday in the estuary with it and my 11m Free Air. Its eems to go well, I'm in much more control on it than I have been on my directional previously, Its much slower which is a good thing and allows me to kill any speed easier if I want to. It also seems to get up and going OK, and within about 30 mins I was starting to gain some ground upwind on it. On a couple of runs I actually ended up miles upwind.

I then tried it again yesterday off the seafront and again got on OK. I like the slidey feeling, especially when changing tacks, and once again it seemed to get up and going fairly early in comparison to the other boards out there, and seemed to head upwind well...Although I didn't manage to hold my ground upwind, but thats just down to lack of experience at kitesurfing in general.

Theres not a lot else I can say about the board, but it looks nice and seems to go well.... I like it!!

Al.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy