Author: Subject: wave comp rnd 3
kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 14-1-2009 at 23:21 Reply With Quote
wave comp rnd 3

Right guys, the wind and waves are truely on in South Wales this weekend and after much discussion amoungst the BWA guru's we've decided to hold Round 3 of the BWA/Pura Vida Boardriders Winter Wave Series and Wave kit demo day at Trecco Bay this Sunday, with Horton as our 2nd option if the wind only comes in further west. This event is open for anyone to take part!

We'll meet in the Trecco Bay Car Park (follow signs through the Caravan Site) at 10.30 for a team briefing, signing up (please bring £5 each) followed by freesailing/kit testing and the expression session which is likely to take place around 12.30. Bring a flask of coffee and neoprene beanien to keep warm....though it's not that bad to be honest!

The big swell should produce some fantastic waves with decent spacing to get out and ride! The dropping tide will keep the wave size down a little and help with an outward current to get through the waves. With Newton just round the corner for a more relaxed sail if Trecco get's a bit hairy or too onshore. Once the tide starts to drop at 11.30 the point should be firing!

As always, every entry on the day will get a point which all adds up to get the official T-Shirt at the end of the series at the very least. The leaderboard is looking very interesting so far check out: http://puravidaboardriders.co.uk/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=56&Itemid=53 />
We will be demoing a huge selection of wave boards, and if you'd like to try something specific please call in to the shop on saturday to grab it as I have limited space in the van! There are also sails in many sizes you can collect to try from Simmer, Naish, North and SuperFreaks!

Hope to see you there and please help us to spread the word!!

I have spoken to Paula, the landlady at the B&B Cafe off Newton and she has said she will be open especially for us from the morning doing Tee, Coffe, Cakes etc. and is happy to do breakfast if a load of us want to meet there first....I will be, breakfast at 10.00 for me! let me know and i'll book it []

Kel www.winsurfing.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy