Author: Subject: Problems!
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 28-4-2003 at 16:39 Reply With Quote
Problems!

Theres seems to have been a bit of a strange problem today which resulted in the forum (or at least parts of it) not quite working properly.

Sorry if anyone got the error messages, but I think I was online as it happened and managed to get it fixed within a couple of mintues so maybe no one even noticed.

It did result in the thread I was replying to disappearing though. Or at least, I can't find it anywhere!! It was only the thread about my foot injury, so as long as its just the thread that has 'dropped off' and not my foot then its not too much to worry about.

If there are any other posts that people had made that have disappeared, then I apologise.

As far as I can tell it had something to do with a server upgrade that my webhosts ran, but I don't really undestand exactly what happened myself.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 1-5-2003 at 17:10 Reply With Quote
Grrrrrrr.... They did it again which meant the site wasn't working properly for a couple of hours again today... Sorry, I was out windsurfing at the time so couldn't fix it straight away.

I'm just plucking up the courage and waiting for a lull in the wind before buying some new webspace with a different host and will then have to spend a day transferring everything... That should be fun.

Hopefully nothing went missing this time.

Al

Dave
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 15
Posts 388

Mood: Hey Ho

posted on 2-5-2003 at 12:04 Reply With Quote
I lost a post, there appears to be some problem with replying.

The post failed, but returned me to the page I was on, so (in good internet style) I sent it again, it told me that this was a duplicate entry and bombed out.

Now this may well have brought down the database. My feeling is that these events are related, as it seems that the DB is the only thing that drops off.

I can feel a weekend of 'system testing' and 'diagnostics' coming on. But it's a Bank Holiday and I am not at work. so (in true work style) I'm just going to ignore it.

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 2-5-2003 at 14:07 Reply With Quote
Hmmmm... Interesting!!!

As far as I can tell my webhosts keep messing around with their MySQL server which for some reason messes up the table that stores the id's of the threads.... If you happen to be posting just as it goes down then you lose the post (and the rest of the thread with it).

When was this Dave... Have you managed to post your message now??

I'm about to back everything up just in case there are any more problems.

Al.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy