Author: Subject: neilpryde 3D foot straps
tom
Beach Bum

Member #: 196
Posts 27

Mood:

posted on 25-4-2003 at 09:38 Reply With Quote
neilpryde 3D foot straps

is it worth getting these foot straps at £15 each they look as if they could be really good I have only seen them for sale online at riks windsurfing. Has any one used these what are your thoughts? Or has any one found a decent set of foot straps all the ones I use on my fanatic skate are pants. I have heard of these JP anti twist plates what are they and do they work on thy thing?

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 25-4-2003 at 09:44 Reply With Quote
Never used those, but I've just bought a load of Gun footstraps at £7 each. They look OK to me, and I'll report back when I've tried them out.

Tom...Not sure how you are trying to add a picture, but to do it...

First make sure the picture is saved as a jpeg on your hard drive (optimise it so that the filesize is kept small if possible). Then click on the 'browse' button at the bottom of the 'new post' or 'reply' page. Then just select the file from your hard drive and it should appear without any problems... Although for some reason every seems to be having trouble doing it... I don't know why because I can't break it if i try!!!

What did you do??...It looks as though you tried to add an image using the little button in the 'formatting mode' row.... If you use that, the image has to be online. To upload an image to the Forces-of-Nature servers you have to use the attachment box.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

tom
Beach Bum

Posts 27

Mood:

posted on 25-4-2003 at 10:06 Reply With Quote
sorry about the file size im using my dads computer so its weired to me
i tryed the brouse thing and it didnt work so i used that picture thing on controle box then opend picture button then pasted what came up in browse in to box seemed to work last time
im not a coputer person so it most likely just me
lets see if it workes

tom has attached this image:

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 25-4-2003 at 10:13 Reply With Quote
Oh well... It seemed to work that time. I think you just left the http:// bit in the field the first time so it was added to the front of the directory path.

Not to worry.

I've sent you a couple of U2U message as well.... take a look at the top right of your screen...there should be a mesaage there telling you. Just click on it and it will take you to them.

You'll get the hang of it all soon.

The straps in the photo look very similar to the Da Kine ones, which at around £16 a time are just a little too expensive for me.

Al.
P.S. Thats enough messing around on the computer for me.... Its windy out there so I'd better go get wet!!!

SE's though so maybe not??

paul
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 5
Posts 445

Mood: Well Chuffed

posted on 25-4-2003 at 12:58 Reply With Quote
I got some rather nice DaKine ones on my Naish board and I'm really pleased with them

click for pic

Home Page
http://www.nationalwindsurfingweek.org

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 26-4-2003 at 07:10 Reply With Quote
Don't know if you;ve seen this yet, but heres the 'bumpf' on the Neil rpyde 3D footstraps:

quote:

Introducing the new 3D footstraps from Neil Pryde - fully adjustable to almost any foot shape or performance configuration. The 3D footstraps feature a super-wide, generously padded neoprene strap, ideal for spreading any loading across a wide area, so there are no pressure points, no fatigue and your feet stay comfortable for longer.The most important innovation in the 3D straps is in the range of adjustment that's possible. The rear footstrap can be fine-tuned to suit different sailing conditions. For wave riding or jumps you can have different depth settings for your port or starboard straps. The straps can be "moulded" to give you the perfect fit or the optimal entry and exit profile. Meanwhile, the front footstraps are designed to give you the firm, positive "locked-in" feel you want for bottom turns and gybes. When you ease off the pressure, your feet can slip in and out again easily. The fit adjustment is all concealed inside the strap. Open the Velcro pocket and make your settings, then you're ready to go. It's the perfect combination of cushioned comfort and precision board control.

They sound good, but then they have to be made to SOUND good if they are gonna be twice the price of other straps!!

Al. (In cynical mood as usual)

tom
Beach Bum

Posts 27

Mood:

posted on 26-4-2003 at 11:53 Reply With Quote
thanks for trying to help i think i will probly get them and il let u know if they are worth it
J...
Hot shot

Member #: 145
Posts 30

Mood: Margarita Bound 08/12/04 Bring

posted on 26-4-2003 at 21:20 Reply With Quote
I have a set of the DA Kine straps to and really do like them . Price wise they are about the same.
justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 27-4-2003 at 06:51 Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by justal
Never used those, but I've just bought a load of Gun footstraps at £7 each. They look OK to me, and I'll report back when I've tried them out.

I tried them yesterday and they felt fine. It took me a while to get them adjusted properly, but in the end they had a good positive feel and seemed to do the job.. Nothing special, just straps to stick yer feet in!!

Al.

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 28-4-2003 at 19:04 Reply With Quote
Just read this letter on the Boards website and thought I'd share it with you:

quote:

I am so pleased with the new Neil Pryde 3D foot straps that I had to write and let you know my thoughts. I fitted these new straps and sailed with them for 4 hours yesterday. (and now several more hours totalling around 15 hours now) There are several factors to consider when buying and fitting foot straps and this is what I think are important. (In no particular order!)
1. Stiffness and Connection to board ?± No different to any other strap in terms of the amount of time it takes to fit the strap, although they are pretty stiff and need a little extra effort to bend into place for the first time. The JP plastic plates with the anti twist ?¨spikes?Æ are already excellent and these straps have fitted straight into where the previous ones were with no fuss. They are stiff and do not twist at all. - Actually these straps do take more setting up than normal, but this does result in a much better strap.
2. Range of fitting ?± This is where these straps really show a large advantage, you can put them one hole apart easily and still get good side support and the strap can be set into some very peculiar shapes if that is what you want. The range of adjustment I would say is 2-3 times better than any other strap that I have used. The Velcro is incredibly good (perhaps too good when brand new!) And as such there is little or no change between how you set up the strap and what you get after a few hours sailing. However, it does have to be said that the huge range of adjustment does mean that you tend to spend a lot longer than usual getting the ?¨perfect?Æ fit as there are a couple of ways of achieving a similar shape.
3. Comfort ?± Once set up for your sailing style these are by far the most comfortable straps that I have ever used. The load can be spread across a much larger area of the foot, which, prevents chaffing and rubbing and ensures great comfort.
4. Grip in the strap - Due to the larger contact area you can sail with looser straps and still have greater grip on the board ?± particularly useful for aggressive jumping on flat water, stopping the back foot coming out when going for loops and Vulcans and other quite aggressive moves. You also seem to be able to drive harder through the front foot when gybing at high speed on bumpy water. Overall, you feel better connected to the board, more secure and have better control over the board when steering or in the air.
5. Ability to enter the strap ?± Being able to twist the strap open at the entry side and tighter on the toes side allows easier entry into the strap and helps prevent ?¨stubbing your toes?Æ when struggling to get in the straps in a hurry!
6. Ability to exit the strap ?± This is actually easier because you have been able to set your straps looser for the same level of grip with the board. It is fair to say that when needing to abandon board mid air these straps seem to offer faster and quicker exits! However, due to the extra width that they have, in some moves such as exiting Vulcans or when changing the feet very late in gybes you cannot twist your foot out of the strap as effectively. In the past you will have twisted your foot out of the straps without really having to move the foot backwards out of the strap. After a little practise and familiarisation however, you learn to loosen the foot slightly more in the strap before twisting the foot out. After concentrating on the technique a little there seems to be no problem with this for me now. But this is something to be aware of before going for moves like that.
7. Those with odd feet! ?± Like many people I have one foot that is bigger than the other ?± in my case in width and foot height. This has always caused me problems with boards that I sail with a single back strap, as on one tack the strap is tight and puts too much pressure on my foot and on the other tack I have a fear of things like jumping that might mean I yank my foot out of the strap mid manoeuvre. Fine if you are trying to do a one-foot jump but not if you don??t want to yet! This is where these straps really give me a huge benefit, I am able to set one side of the strap tighter than the other and therefore suffer these problems to a much-reduced extent. I am now much more confident in very high speeds over short sharp chop and while airborne on both tacks. For people who have this slight disadvantage I highly recommend trying out these foot straps.
There is one minor disadvantage - these straps are much larger than normal ones and are probably much heavier when wet. A disadvantage perhaps for the most weight concious racer, but control often wins races over a 2/300 gram weight saving anytime.

Al.

tom
Beach Bum

Posts 27

Mood:

posted on 28-4-2003 at 21:38 Reply With Quote
thanks for that i had just read that report he seemes very inthusiastick about them
badexcuseforasailor
A Force-of-Nature ***

Top Poster 2003

Member #: 116
Posts 846

Mood: wheres the wind?

posted on 29-4-2003 at 15:10 Reply With Quote
They look very nice but I need 8 for both my boards (goes in seach of caculator).......... thats £120

befs

brundlefly
Grommet

Member #: 197
Posts 11

Mood: mellow

posted on 8-5-2003 at 20:04 Reply With Quote
neil pride footstraps

i got meeself a set of da kine primo`s from surfstore which weighed in at £9.95 a pop.stuck `em on my old f2 strato which made it the most comfotable lite/medium wind blasting weapon i`ve ever been on.seriously comfortable straps-highly recomended.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy