Author: Subject: Clarach Jam - 2nd November
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 16-10-2008 at 07:33 Reply With Quote
Clarach Jam - 2nd November

Had this from the Aber-MTB club... Sounds as though it could be fun, either to watch or participate:

quote:
Clarach Jam, held at well, Clarach, doing some errrr jamming.

Same format as normal. For you freshling tings, you get 2 timed runs on two different tracks at Clarach. Your total time will be both times added together. You will have Saturday as an official practice day, but obviously Clarach ain't going anywhere so you can go whenever you like presuming you know which tracks we will be using or can talk someone into showing you, although Saturday will be the only day when there will be someone over there who can take you down the tracks we will be racing on the day after.

Racing will start bang on at 12pm, so you have the Sunday morning to practice the track as well. First run will be setting off at 11am and will be the original jam track, the one on the far Aber side of clarach with the rollers and berms at the start dropping onto the fire road at the end. The second run will commence circa 2pm with the track to be confirmed in the next few days...

There will be 4 categories,
Downhill - dh bikes duh!!
Hardtail - anything with a fixed tail that ain't a dh bike or a xc bike (ie a 456/chameleon/stiffee)
XC - any reputable xc bike. ok, you ride xc, you're thinking wtf a downhill jam on my xc bike? go on it'll be fun, loadsa people do it!!!
Girls - for those non male racers

There will be prizes for winning each category and a prize (TBC) for the overall winner.

There will be a donation of £2 made on the day before you race to cover admin and prize costs. When I say donation, basically if you don't donate, then I can't afford to give you a race plate, and without a race plate, you don't race.

Timing will be done by Tom's girlfriend Rose. We therefore need a second timer to help out, if you know anyone who'd do it get in touch. Timers will be bought beer/chocolate/sexual favours as a thank you. Once again, without timers we can't race so it is important!!

I will need people to help tape out the course on Sunday morning etc, so if you don't want to be a pikey, come and help me!!

Results will be put up sometime after the event, hopefully that evening.

2 years ago, we had 40+ people turn up, lets have another good one!! Pictures of previous jams are plastered over facebook and flikr.

If I've omitted anything put it in the blither thread or pm me

Hope to see you all there, tell your friends!!!!!

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Gman1991

Member #: 7975
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 16-10-2008 at 20:21 Reply With Quote
Clarach jam

Hi Al
Sounds good I am around that weekend and could give you a hand with setting up if you need it. Might not be able to stay for the race itself will know nearer the time.
Graeme

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 17-10-2008 at 07:18 Reply With Quote
Graeme... It isn't me setting it up, but if you like I'll pass your details on to the organisers.

I'm going to try to get along to it to take some photos if I don't participate.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy