Author: Subject: BWA* trip Borth day 2 climachx trail
kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 16-9-2008 at 23:18 Reply With Quote
BWA* trip Borth day 2 climachx trail

Sat am and the suns out , its more like summer than late sept .
The dead legs where gone from yesterdays ride and everybody was feeling good about the next trail .
Al turned up and a plot was hatched to ride the Climachx trail .
Guys shot off for a brekie and by the time i,d got myself in gear they gone and no sign of where , so headed back to the park up as Rob was cooking a special up in the van , bacon and egg buttiet it was then .
Off to the estuary 1st then for a drying kit session before meeting Al at 11am as he was doing the guide job again today for us .
We left the old master at the beach again to keep an eye out for wind and collected at his place before heading out in a convoy towards Machynlleth , full squad, Jerry was still keen to ride although still in pain with the shoulder , Ryan was tired from yesterday and was going to take a few pics and save his energy for the last ride on sunday .
After the long fire road sections of day 1 the "climachx" promised more of a normal feel with a a claimed one of the longest downhill sections in wales as a final decent . Al and the lightweight biked whippets again led the way on the climbs with the heavy iron leading on anything with a gradient , Dave was running low on lucazade and flaging more than normal on the climbs today but still in for the long haul . Climachx was more of what we where expecting than the "conti" trail and after a few nice sections joined up by the fire roads we where ready for than big decent .
The decent was certainly long and very good , Nobby led the way with me and Dave right behind , smooth and fast we decended with rest guys packed up behind , dont remember the "eye of the neddle " bit though so maybe we missed it ? remember one very nasty bend right towards the bottom just before the berm section which Nobby just about made with his traditional rear wheel skiddie slide . We all exited onto the fire road just above the car park with some very satisfied grins on our faces .
Another crack at the last decent would have been nice now we knew the lines a little but with no known short cut back up to top called it a day and headed off to find some showers before heading back to Borth sea front cafe where the guys had booked ?????
yes a apple crumble [][] .While Al headed off to get ready for a wedding do wishing us all the best for sunday .
So there we where 4.30 in the afternoon sat out on a sun terrace over looking the sea front in shorts and tee's eating crumble and drinking coffe .[:p][]
Jerry was now shot with his shoulder after 2 days riding and retired after to seek some recouperation leaving the rest of us with one more big ride to do.
More kit drying at the make shift camp before heading out for some more beers sat nt .

sat nt feeding time at the zoo

[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/5anx90.jpg[/IMG]

and watching the sun set with a cool beer/bow

[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/5x2w4k.jpg[/IMG]

Kel www.winsurfing.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy