Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 21-4-2003 at 05:45 Reply With Quote
Easter W/E at Borth

In his recent diary entry Steve wrote:

quote:

probabley not as good as it was at Borth today but still enjoyable

I can assure you Steve it wasn't.... You should have got up earlier!!

The Estuary was just perfect [url=http://www.forces-of-nature.co.uk/dbdriven/diary/diary.php?action=viewentrydetails&diaryid=260&diaryuser=justal]yesterday[ /url] with a nice steady wind at about 15 knots. Most people were nicely powered up on 4m sails (Even Radical Rob was overpowered with his 4.7m). OK, it was essentially flat-water sailing so it could have been better, but there were some head -high swells in the channel.

Friday and Saturday were pretty good as well, but I think they were good everywhere else as well, and for some reason despite the forecast of Force 2-3 SE for today, its still blowing at 20-25 knots NE here.... Lets hope it lasts a few more hours so we can get out again.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

badexcuseforasailor
A Force-of-Nature ***

Top Poster 2003

Member #: 116
Posts 846

Mood: wheres the wind?

posted on 21-4-2003 at 11:44 Reply With Quote
I don't want to know that it was still blowing today thankyou Al

It was very tempting to stay for another sail today but the thought of the traffic getting out of Wales and then on the M6 and M1

Least the weather was looking a bit damp when I left not quite rain but nearly there

Was lucky didn't get any traffic on way home only time I stopped was to get petrol borth to hertfordshire in 3hrs 15 mins

Anyone thinking of going to Borth its all Al makes it to be the estuary is anyway got blown off the water 2 days running didn't get to sail on the sea front but I don't do waves

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 21-4-2003 at 20:27 Reply With Quote
OK BEFS... I won't tell you that I had a few hours sailing on the estuary with a 5.7m sail today then!!

Its a shame you didn't get to sail on the seafront really...or at least see Borth with a bit of a westerly wind. I can assure you it won't be long until you'll be wanting to get out on the waves...

Al.
P.S. Let us know if you got any decent photos from this weekend once you get your film developed.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy