Author: Subject: kiting in france
tcas

Member #: 7773
Posts 4

Mood:

posted on 27-7-2008 at 18:47 Reply With Quote
kiting in france

Please help!!
I'm looking for a spot in france for a camping / kitesurfing trip next summer. I've only been riding a few weeks but will be getting in as much time as possible this year. Can anyone reccomend a place on either the south or west coast? No big surf yet please. Any suggestions will be massively appreciated!

naturalfreerider
Grommet

Member #: 7692
Posts 6

Mood: Damp

posted on 28-7-2008 at 10:31 Reply With Quote
Hi,

There is a place about half way between Biarritz and Bordeaux called Lac Cazaux. It's also only ten mins away from the West coast. There is at least one school at the lake and if there is no wind they have wakeboarding and surfing options.

I haven't stayed there myself, so can only give you second hand info, but it does sound like the sort of thing you are looking for.

It's not a mid-life crisis when you never reached mature in the first place !!

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 28-7-2008 at 19:29 Reply With Quote
hourtin port on lake lacanau is about as warm as it gets and only waist deep nearly half way out on west coast out from bordeaux. def no waves there and sea breezes nearly every day as the coast town, hourtin plage is only about 10klms away. thats way down south though. there is always jullouville , penthievre west side for waves and east side for flat crap as i have been known to call it, but might suit yourself. further south is st jean du mont west of nantes. all these can be found on google earth for a view..there's loads of places ; i go there every year for august. bring on next week and the ferry to le harve!

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

tcas

Member #: 7773
Posts 4

Mood:

posted on 30-7-2008 at 20:09 Reply With Quote
Massive thanks for the suggestions will defo be checking them out. Sounds like the lakes just inland from the west coast will suit me well.
Thanks to all!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy