Author: Subject: Humidity Sensor playing up
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 16-5-2008 at 07:53 Reply With Quote
Humidity Sensor playing up

It looks as though the humidity sensor on the weather station is playing up again.

This is the third humidty sensor to have failed so the latest plan is to upgrade the sensor from the current analogue model to a digitial sensor. However, last time I was sent a digitial sensor by mistake it fried the SIM board, so I shall have to update the SIM board in the Sensor Suite as well, something I shall be doing soon.

This should fix the issue as the digital humidity sensor is supposed to more robust. I'll let you know when the parts arrive and I intend to climb the telegraph pole to swap them around. Hopefully nothing untoward will happen this time and all will run smoothly as I don't have time to rebuild everything again!

In the meantime, ignore the humidity readings (which are currently showing 100% all of the time).

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 20-5-2008 at 11:53 Reply With Quote
I've just got down from the telegrpah pole. the weather station now has a brand new digital temperature and humidity sensor and a brand new Sim Board too.

Basically everything except the rain gauge, the anemometer cups and the solar panel have been replaced and it is all up and running and providing sensible data once again.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy