shawn
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 403
Posts 255

Mood: Chilled

posted on 13-5-2008 at 08:24 Reply With Quote
Kite advice please

Hiya

I'm after some advice re. choice of a new kite & was hoping you may be able to help.

I'm still really a kitesurfing noob, but since mastering the art of staying upwind & avoiding my regular huge walks home, I've become quite addicted!

I'm a bit out of touch with kites & tried out a Naish Cult last week - I was amazed how it compared to my CO2 (about 2005 i think) - & really impressead with the depower/ power control that is so limited on my kite, and also easy self launch... I did have a few problems relaunching it from the water, maybe because I've been spoiled using the recon2 on my normal kite.

I really fancy getting myself a nice new kite that has the depower/ self launch abilities & wondered if theres any that are worth special consideration, or that should be avoided at all costs... I'm not sure what size I should be looking at for these new shape kites too (my CO2 is 12.0) - Can you help.

I'm happy sailing back & forth & upwind, but not started getting any big airs & stuff yet. I'd plan to be using the kite from as little wind as possible upto about F5 (cos after that I'll prob be windsurfing, until my kite skills improve).

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Don't have a cow man!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy