Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Multi sport Insurance
adam

Member #: 3
Posts 184

Mood:

posted on 1-8-2002 at 12:42 Reply With Quote
Multi sport Insurance

I've just taken out some insurance to cover me for several sports as my last windsurf only policy had just run out.

Lots of places are insisting that anyone kite buggying or kitesurfing have insurance as do all inland sailing lakes/reservoirs. Not so much problem if you just windsurf and kite at the coast but for all of us landlubbers its more of an issue. It makes sense to have at least 3rd party liability anyway I guess especially when kiting as people always get in the way when the beach is busy.

I used sports cover direct:

www.sportscoverdirect.com

Annual rate was £25 to cover all sports I needed including windsurfing, surfing, kitesurfing, mountain biking, snowboarding and loads more.

Looks a lot cheaper than getting seperate cover for windsurfing (about £15-20 3rd party only) and kite buggying (another £15)

NatB
Hot shot

Member #: 18
Posts 57

Mood: eager for waves

posted on 8-8-2002 at 10:46 Reply With Quote
Windsurfers insurance

Adam

Do windsurfers not have the same sort of insurance available to them as surfers have.

If you become a member of the BSA (British Surfing Association) you automatically qulify for £1,000000 insurance.

Its always anoyed me this. Where I come from Surfers have to be insured by law but yet windsurfers dont. If a swimmer gets hit by a surfer they will get bruised or cut slightly but if you get hit by a wind surfer doing 20-30knots your not going to know much about it!!

adam

Member #: 3
Posts 184

Mood:

posted on 8-8-2002 at 12:16 Reply With Quote
There is a similar scheme if windsurfers join the RYA but I don't know any windsurfers who only sail on the sea that are members as its considered a bit stuffy and more for yacht and dinghy sailors.

I have never bothered until I moved inland then you are forced too, or if you want to race, but that still only represents a fraction of the people who windsurf.

You don't actually see that many collisions outside racing especially on the sea because there is such a huge area for people to sail in so its not really a problem. People sailing at busier locations like Portland Harbour should definately get some though.

Still accidents do happen I guess and hitting someone at speed could do a lot of damage, I've hit jellyfish going quickly and cut them clean in half......

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy