Author: Subject: Kitesurfing / Windsurfing in South Cornwall
wh9260
Grommet

Member #: 123
Posts 11

Mood:

posted on 18-3-2003 at 20:05 Reply With Quote
Kitesurfing / Windsurfing in South Cornwall

Does anyone have experience kitesurfing or windsurfing around Falmouth / Lizard / Penzance area? The best places? The wind / tide? Going in the begining of August and would be grateful for advice.

Cheers, Will.

ajdesq
A Force-of-Nature *

F-O-N Champion 2003

Member #: 6
Posts 214

Mood: Living to kitesurf :-)

posted on 18-3-2003 at 20:22 Reply With Quote
One place you could check out is the ¥hotspots¥link from www.windlords.com There¥s a heap of beaches listed for that area, although the bias is on windsurfing. At least it¥ll give you a starting block. My favourite spot there (if you¥re after a bit of tuition) is at Coverack, although you really need to do the whole ¥package¥thing, it¥s not really the place to ¥turn up & go¥. Kitesurfing is banned at Stithians Reservoir, or at least it was at the autumn when I was last there. Have a great time, Andrew
paul
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 5
Posts 445

Mood: Well Chuffed

posted on 18-3-2003 at 20:22 Reply With Quote
there are lots of good places, I'm not sure about particular favourite kite places but marazion, and gwithian are always popular, and I'm sure you will find plenty of other's about in August too.

Westcounty Windsurfing have a good guide to launch sites on their web page, quick link It may be worth giving them a call for more specific advice.

If your in west cornwall your probably not going to have too much problem getting somewhere with the right wind direction (if there is any wind) just don't be surprised if the beaches are heaving with people.

If you've got any specific queries let me know.

have fun.

Home Page
http://www.nationalwindsurfingweek.org

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy