Author: Subject: Stoke Factor and Diary Search Facility
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 17-3-2003 at 22:25 Reply With Quote
Stoke Factor and Diary Search Facility

At the request of SeanBo (who is never Stoked enough to get in the Hall of Fame!), I have added a Stoke Factor reading to the stats pages in the Personal Diaries so that you can see how stoked any member was for any given month or year.

I've also, (at the request of 'axxis') added a search facility to the Personal Diaries so that you can find diaries entries based on:

• Member Name
  • Activity
  • Rating

Just click on the 'Search' Link in the header on any Personal Diary page to get to it

As axxis pointed out to me, being able to find all the entries for a particular location would be 'useful because then you could get a whole set of post-mortems for your favourite spot(s) posted for different times of year under different conditions. Think it would be very helpful to the sailors frequenting that location.'

I added a little extra to it though, so now you can search for all those entries with a particular wind direction and particular rating, so you can see which places are good / bad in a certain wind direction.

I still need to tweak it a little though so let me know if there are any problems or other ideas and I'll see what I can do.... Alternatively, if you these 'improvements' just the way they are, let me know also and I'll leave it be.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy