Author: Subject: Gun Sails
welshtrowy
Hot shot

Member #: 6588
Posts 38

Mood: no skills but willing

posted on 7-11-2007 at 11:07 Reply With Quote
Gun Sails

Hi all, thinking about buying a Gun Target 5.7 and want some good honest feedback on the brand!

I have searched the threads on Boards but there seems to be some sort of seceret joke surrounding the brand and some of the regular posters.

I was seriously contemplating purchasing one but as a newbie I am now more confused than ever!

Thoughts please?

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 7-11-2007 at 11:29 Reply With Quote
Right... I'll give you some 'honest' opinions about Gun Sails, but before I do you should know that I get a discount from them... My opinions aren't however biased.

Becasue (a) I get a dsicount and (b) theor sails are inexpensive in the first place I use Gun sails exclusively and have a 4m Hammer, 4.5m Hammer, 4.5 Impact Wave, 5m Hammer, 5.6m nexus, 5.7m Wave MC and 6.7m Jam... I haven't sailed the target but I know a couple of people who do have one and it looks fine.

As far as construction and performance go then in my opinion they are as good as any other brand on the market and better than some. When you take into account their price then you certainly can't go wrong. I can't think of anything bad to say about them and customer service is excellent too... I break stuff quite often and Gun always replace things under the warranty without asking any questions.

As I said I do get a discount from them, but I wouldn't use their kit if it wasn't any good, even if they gave it to me.

Hope that helps.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

welshtrowy
Hot shot

Posts 38

posted on 7-11-2007 at 12:45 Reply With Quote
Thanks Al, I think some of the people commenting on boards had not even owned or sailed Gun so its good to hear positive feedback from someone who regularly uses them........right credit card out and off to blue chip (via tinternet of course!)
kelvin
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 148
Posts 356

Mood: waiting 4 next blow

posted on 7-11-2007 at 13:31 Reply With Quote
gun seems to be one of them makes that gets the EEEERRRRR never touch em , by the wealthy !
mate used the sails ,mast, boom for a long while down this way , seemed good honest for value stuff , he,s only just upgraded the boom/mast combo to skinny after 3yrs use , the sail went last yr after some severe beatings , funny thing is he ripped it at Newgale on a wave dumping day , threw it in waste bin , one other lads pulled it back out , taped the big hole up and carried on using it more until it ripped right through .

Kel www.winsurfing.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   kelvin 's ICQ status
badexcuseforasailor
A Force-of-Nature ***

Top Poster 2003

Member #: 116
Posts 846

Mood: wheres the wind?

posted on 7-11-2007 at 14:40 Reply With Quote
Ive got some Gun sails Im more than happy with mine. When they need replacing they will be replaced with gun sails.

http://brogboroughlake.windsurf.me.uk/

welshtrowy
Hot shot

Posts 38

posted on 8-11-2007 at 23:08 Reply With Quote
Thanks guys for the feedback ordered a wave mc and target cant believe i got the Target for 197 Looking forward to the weekend and testing them out. Who knows you may even see me down yor way one of these weeks
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 9-11-2007 at 07:31 Reply With Quote
Excellent stuff... Let us know what you think of them.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy