Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Chip on my board
stormy88

Member #: 6819
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 22-7-2007 at 13:45 Reply With Quote
Chip on my board

Hiya, im a noob here. I've was just getting my board out to get it ready to go out, when i noticed it had a chip, or a 'graze' on the side. i sucked it, but couldnt taste salt, so maybe it was done in transit.

Anyway, i was wondering what sort of repair i would need to do before i used it again. I've only been surfing a year or so, and its quite a new board.

Many thanks in advance. Ta

Justal said:...

You'll probably be fine with a simple it of Dr. Ding or similar epoxy based repair kit.... It does of course all depend on the construction of the board and the extent of the damage... You'd be better off posting in the forums and gettng everyone else advice too...

Personally I'm terrible at such things as I don't have time to let boards sit around drying out etc etc so simply whack some filler in them and get on with it, or leave the damage as it is!

Al.

Joner
Hot shot

Member #: 131
Posts 74

Mood: Still Learning

posted on 22-7-2007 at 19:33 Reply With Quote
I agree with Al..... Sounds as though a little bit of Dr. Ding will do the trick, or if there is no real damage then just leave it as it is. Dings on boards are all part of the game. Much better to have a beaten up board that actually gets wet than a perfect museum piece that never see the light of day.... Although I think Al takes those sentiments to the extreme and barely lets his boards dry out between sessions.

J.

stormy88

Member #: 6819
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 23-7-2007 at 16:05 Reply With Quote
Thanks J, i will invest in some Mr Ding then.

I notice you live in Swansea...i am coming to Swansea Uni in september to do engineering, and am very much looking forward to the gower beaches.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy