Author: Subject: France waves
jacobias
Grommet

Member #: 6543
Posts 7

Mood: Ready to surf!

posted on 25-4-2007 at 16:53 Reply With Quote
France waves

Hey everyone! I am going to France on holiday with my familia (as the spaniards say) and I am wondering where the best waves are (as in which coast). Im 13 so I wont be able to do much traveling but Im taking my board just incase. I just want to no if I can look forward to any waves in the summer (I no the summer is usally rubbish but its not just a sponging trip lol)

Hope you could understand all this!

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 25-4-2007 at 17:57 Reply With Quote
big waves can be found on the west coast; southern brittany north of lorient, plouharnel on the quiberon penninsular and if you fancy going south look at the area north of la rochelle about la tranche sur mer or on the ilse d'loreon little place called vert bois; or way down south bourdeaux area look for lacanau, infact all up and down that coast north and south of arcachon.
great place go there every summer but for kitsurfing the waves, more fun!

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 2-6-2007 at 17:29 Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mNeil
on the ilse d'loreon little place called vert bois; or way down south bourdeaux area look for lacanau

I'm going to vert bois this year in the summer on ilse d'oleron Can't wait, hopefully the surf will be up, I've read that spot is the most consistant and most surfed. Although, if you're not accomodated on the island itself it is a nightmare to get onto it during the day in the summer. The qeues are massive.
I've also been to Lacanau Ocean in the Landes region of France, it's an amazing place! The surf was really good there too. Best I've bodyboarded on during the summer in France.
All along the the "Cote Savage" coast (west coast of France) you'll find some good spots too. I found a nice beach called "plage de la mine" as well as a wicked large beach that I will try find the name of for you soon.
If you're going further south on the west coast then the Biarritz area is good, although the surf does get really big if you go further down.

Check out www.wannasurf.com for surf spots around the world including France. Ifind "The Stormrider Guide Europe" surf spot book really good too if you can buy it.

[Edited on 2-6-2007 by Airborne]

booger
Pro

Member #: 1324
Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 14-8-2007 at 12:52 Reply With Quote
Got some decent waves in France. Biarritz was sick. Surfed most of the day (surf was decent too), checked out chicks the rest of the day, smashed beers all night then spewed in the surf most days! So keen to go back. Surfed Lacanau, Hossegor and all around Biarritz. The Newquey pub in Biarritz gets looooooose!!

[Edited on 14-8-2007 by booger]

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy