Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Hunstanton this week end ???
tomadict
Grommet

Member #: 4671
Posts 12

Mood:

posted on 7-3-2007 at 22:42 Reply With Quote
Hunstanton this week end ???

I think about go to Hunstanton this week end, it will be my first time in UK

For Saturday the wind forecast say WSW with 19 knots, and for Sunday SSW with 19 knots too.

What do you think about this?? I guess with SSW wind it will be side wind ??? So probably the best??? Correct me if I do a mistake!

The tide will be low at 4.30 pm, does Hunstanton work well with high or low tide?? And do I need to do care about the current??? Or is it really a safe spot????

Thanks

Tom

jon d hat
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 1437
Posts 410

Mood: Not long to go..Morocco again!

posted on 8-3-2007 at 16:31 Reply With Quote
Hey Tom.

Hunstanton will be ok with those wind directions but you should be aware that there are groins and rocks at high tide so give yourself an hour either side of high tide, at least.

You maybe better off at old Hunstanton in WSW. best to just go to those beaches and check where the locals are riding..they know the conditions there better than anyone.

Be aware that on an outgoing tide and southwesterlys the current will be flowing in the same direction as the wind so will lose you 3-4 knots. Have fun

tomadict
Grommet

Posts 12

Mood:

posted on 8-3-2007 at 18:16 Reply With Quote
Hey Jon d Hat

Thank you for your help

So for you it will be better Saturday in old Hunstanton???

I have one more question about the wind, all West wind come from the land, so the wind should be gusty, No or is it as good as East wind ???

Cheers

jon d hat
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 1437
Posts 410

Mood: Not long to go..Morocco again!

posted on 8-3-2007 at 20:42 Reply With Quote
Yeh..If you are only going for the day the forcast and tides maybe better for saturday at Old Hunstanton. If your up for the weekend you should have a good sail at either beach but looking at the tides and the wind, you'll be better off sailing early and through low tide. Like I said, check out what and where the locals are..If you drive round to Old Hunstanton, you'll be able to see both areas, go to where the most kites are up.

As for the gusts, It will be more gusty than an Easterly as it is comming over the land but It's not thet bad there as the land is flat and it still has to travel across an expance of water.

Hunstanton beach is not a nice sandy beach and I cant say I'm that keen on it. Be careful on Old Hunstanton beach setting up and packing away your kite as there are a lot of razor shells.

Hope this is of some help

[Edited on 8-3-2007 by jon d hat]

tomadict
Grommet

Posts 12

Mood:

posted on 8-3-2007 at 22:53 Reply With Quote
Cheers Mate

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy