Author: Subject: Bang BOWMOQ kite board
3dnathan

Member #: 2117
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 4-1-2007 at 21:45 Reply With Quote
Bang BOWMOQ kite board

Has anyone used one of these.
All I can find is suppliers pimping post.
I'm thinking of getting the 136x43cm.
I just want to know if they are any good.

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 4-1-2007 at 21:52 Reply With Quote
Dont know, havnt actually heard any REAL person feed back, unlike the sky walker Rider series boards, which go out at £299, and are tried and tested.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

jon d hat
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 1437
Posts 410

Mood: Not long to go..Morocco again!

posted on 4-1-2007 at 22:32 Reply With Quote
Hey Naif, long time no hear.

Never heard of em before you posted this thread but just done a search an there's quite a few reviews out there. Looks ok but with a board, you realy want to try one for yourself.

Shameless dealers always pimpin there gear with the latest hype. For that sort of $$, think i'd go for a tried and tested option. Give Shem a shout on the skywalkers...Cheap as chips an sexy as page 3. Think that size would be a good board for you to grow into, I recently grabbed myself a Nobile 666 132/41 and am lovin it,would say that its defo an aquired taste but no regrets. Fell in love with it after demmoing them at Magawish and wanted one ever since. Check out Nobile EXT they do a couple about that size.

Thought you'd be looking for a bowkite first?? Get yourself to dovey dude and av a demo, Shem will ablige. Give Collin a bell at Powerkiteshop, he,s often around with the latest demo gear and he has an EXT you could blag a go on.

Catcha soon geeza

[Edited on 4-1-2007 by jon d hat]

CharlieR
Hot shot

Member #: 1290
Posts 58

Mood: Always all good

posted on 5-1-2007 at 14:12 Reply With Quote
Jon,

I had a go on Col's EXT and the Shinn last weekend, they are both stunning boards - i can see what all the nobile fuss is about this year now. I'm torn between the shinn and the 666 and i've not yet had a go on the 666, what do you mean by acquired taste, how does it handle the rough stuff and is the pop as good as they say?

Would be grateful for the feedback before i take the plunge

www.powerkiteshop.com

jon d hat
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 410

posted on 5-1-2007 at 17:57 Reply With Quote
Hey Charley, EXT is superb, when I was in Egypt, I used it with my 17 when the wind was v light and I felt that I could go anywhere I wanted even though others were strugglin to stay on tack. In the swell of the channel, it was superb for wave riding and as the wind picked up I could still hold down an incredible amount of power, plenty of pop and it didn't stick to the water like some larger boards do. Also it didn't feel cumbersome.

The 666 is not to everyones taste by all acounts.It has been said that they are hard to ride, too hard on your knees in chop and skatey, however, if you were to spk to Dunk, Neil, Steveo, Spooker or myself, you will hear good reports. as soon as i set foot on this board I knew it was for me. Yes it is stiff through the centre section but the tips are very flexible, It has more pop than any board that i've riden and since my purchase have been doing rotations off flat water..which I couldnt do before. I don't find it hard on your knees in chop as I find that it cuts through it as if you were on a sheet of glass. Used with a C you can hold down as much power as a much smaller board and witha bow it is incredibly fast, it flies upwind with ease as it has a progressive concave which slill seems to allow a clean release when jumping.

It was said to be skatey, I think that this is down to how agressive you ride, If you show this board whose boss it grips like its on rails and can be turned ultra quick, but if you dont bully this board it will trip you up. If you are not an aggresive rider then youd be better off with the 555. Although Ive not tried the Shin, it looks a lovely board and has a little more flex.

Thats just my opinion, best off to try one before you buy but no regrets here. Get the right size for your weight too, I'm 6' 2" and 13.5 stone so baught the 132/41, it's my one board quiver. Hope that is of some help

3dnathan

Member #: 2117
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 5-1-2007 at 18:53 Reply With Quote
Shem thanks for the reply and it looks like I’ll be coming up your way soon so if I may I would like to demo or a look at these the sky walker and the Crazy Fly 137 x 44.
I was looking at a few boards before Christmas. The Litewave Stealth, Airush Excile and the Protoy so the Crazy Fly would fit the profile. To be honest I don’t know if a demo would do any good as I’m still a beginner and wouldn’t know a good board if someone hit me over the head with it but I feel that my Litewave 169 is soooo big it’s not helping.

Jon happy New Year and thanks for the reply.
I’ve got my 10m Co2 and my 16m Co2 that are all cool and dandy so no bow until I get this b£$$dy sport sorted The issue I’ve got is I have to dismantle my car to get my board in its so long and I feel that it’s so old and big it’s not helping.

As far as coming up to Dovey I will be up next month if the wind and the mild weather continues.
What is the score? Do you get up there on a Friday or Saturday morning?
Are you camping/ b&bing or squatting up there?

jon d hat
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 410

posted on 5-1-2007 at 19:25 Reply With Quote
Chears Naif.. you'll always be made to feel welcome...we've all been there man, I had plenty of help from Shem, Col, Neil who are all KS instructors when I started and all d'massif chipped in with handy hints. I learned on a 170RRD and used it for about 4 months befor goin down to a 135 Dragon, I found that the bigger board helped ne find my feet and was great for those light wind days.

Book yourself a half day one to one with Shem, he'll help you to sort your water starts and planeing out. It's more likely to be technique than your board. Bow kites are much more forgiving when your first at it and the safety instils confidence.

Not up every weekend at the mo due to work comittments, just look out for the threads and you'll get a good idea of whats goin on. I usually go up on a Friday after work and kip in my van. This time of year youd want a B&B in Dovey due to the weather and the proximity to the watering hole known to be the Dovey Hotel

Hope this is of some help

CharlieR
Hot shot

Member #: 1290
Posts 58

Mood: Always all good

posted on 8-1-2007 at 09:16 Reply With Quote
Thanks Jon, really useful info.

www.powerkiteshop.com

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy