Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Borth / Ynslas Weather Station.
Loxley
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 1919
Posts 382

Mood: all I need is everything...

posted on 18-10-2006 at 12:24 Reply With Quote
Borth / Ynslas Weather Station.

Ok Chaps, am in need of some reasonable "local" weather forecasting. Does the Borth station on this site give me live weather or is it also able to provide 'forecast' conditions as well ?

I know the £20 would be going to a worthy cause so should I put my hand in my pocket ?

Mark

justanna
Administrator

Member #: 2
Posts 251

Mood:

posted on 18-10-2006 at 13:28 Reply With Quote
The weather station has live weather and a short forecast and if you're interested in what's going on (or how windy it got while you were out earlier) then it's definately worth the subscription.

As far as I know the wind forecasts through windguru are available even if you don't subscribe. You'll have to ask some of the others how accurate they are though.

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 18-10-2006 at 17:04 Reply With Quote
Give us your money!!!!

There is a forecast generated by the weather station and it is actually surprisingly accurate. I didn't think it would be as it is obviously only based on one data point but it seems to get things right most of the time.

However, the weather station is best as a now-cast or to look at the trned over the past few hours. As well as the current conditions (updated every minute) there is plenty of historical data (for every day since the station has been running) and lots of graphs and charts showing what has been happening over the past few hours. The 24 hour graphs are also available for every day since the station has been running.

We need your susbcriptions to keep it running. It cost over £1,000 to set up and costs me about £15 a month to keep it running. So far the subscriptions haven't even come close to paying for the initial set up, so cough up the £20 and help keep the weather station active.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy