Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Body Boards!
Ralphy

Member #: 2634
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 18-10-2006 at 11:07 Reply With Quote
Body Boards!

Hi there, Im new here been reasing all your posts and i thing perhaps you are the people to ask.

Im a "Stand-up" surfer as you guys call it, Im about 6ft and wondering whats the best body board to get. My dads got a Manta bodyboard.. The other day he let me give it a whirl... And i was standing up on it and 360's and all sorts.

Unfortunatly in a book my dads got it says that standing up on bodyboards can seriously damage them.. So i was wondering whats the best for me to buy (Any price range) that will do for what i want.

Cheers!

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 22-10-2006 at 17:05 Reply With Quote
That's pretty impressive if you're standing totally up on two feet on a bodyboard. Unless you're talking about "drop knee" bodyboarding where the rider kneels with one knee on the board and the foot hanging off the end of the tail and the other foot near the front of the boadyboard. Like praying on the board.

I really like Manta boadyboards so if your dad has one then I would stick with that make unless you find something else you like. Look for a board with a thin body, almost parrallel rails and a small nose edge if you want to do drop kneww bodyboarding, or if you want to do both prone and drop knee then get a board that is similar to a prone board but has some of the above features to help you.

Have a look at some of these, then try to find a retailer and then ask them which ones would be good for what style of bodyboarding you want to do
http://www.manta.com.au/manta.html

I'm not sure but look for a similar shape to the core series - H2, sabre or pro XT boards. The best way would be to ask the retailers advice, try and go look at the board. If you're 6ft then you may need a slightly bigger board. A good way to figure out what size board you need is to hold a boadyboard up against you when your standing up, then make sure that the board fits from your mouth to just above your kneecap where it bends. This is the position of the board when laying down on it, from your mouth to above your kneecap.

Hope this helps, best thing would be to go to a local proffesional shop that sells bodyboards and ask them, make sure to get the right type of flippers (for your feet) for the style of riding you're doing. Smaller ones will be needed if you want to get your feet up on the board to drop knee bodyboard.

[Edited on 22-10-2006 by Airborne]

[Edited on 22-10-2006 by Airborne]

southbourne sponger
Grommet

Member #: 1565
Posts 9

Mood:

posted on 11-11-2006 at 19:25 Reply With Quote
check out this link
http://www.moreybodyboards.com/2006/taloa.html

[Edited on 11-11-2006 by southbourne sponger]

southbourne sponger
Grommet

Member #: 1565
Posts 9

Mood:

posted on 11-11-2006 at 19:30 Reply With Quote
or talk to dave at bbhq
http://www.bodyboardhq.co.uk/index1.htm

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy