Author: Subject: Surf break rendered unsurfable
NatB
Hot shot

Member #: 18
Posts 57

Mood: eager for waves

posted on 3-1-2003 at 15:24 Reply With Quote
Surf break rendered unsurfable

Well I get up this morning and race down to the beach to check the waves. I goto our premier big wave spot in the chance of seeing some nice glassy head high surf storm remanents. As I draw closer I notice the place is packed out with cars and police. I thought hell it must be good.

I pop my head over the wall and what do I see!!!

The wave in the foreground is about 6ft and the Island is about 60ft high at its highest.

This brand new ship broke its tow rope last night and thundered into our local wave spot. It was on its way to Holland to get fitted out. Its actually sitting on one of our best right handers. This place gets huge

Heres a picture of it going well. The dot in the middle of picture is a surfer about to take it on the head. The ships bow would be in the white water and the main hull on those rocks in the foreground

Current reports suggest they will not be able to remove the freighter until the bigger spring tides in February. Looking at the charts for next week its gonna get a pounding there. I have seen swells 20ft plus out here. I reckon this ship will be destroyed I will keep you informed

The missus said if I go surfing one more time she would leave me, God I am gonna miss her!!

dazzamuffin
Hot shot

Member #: 46
Posts 54

Mood: stoked

posted on 4-1-2003 at 14:16 Reply With Quote
they dont care where they park these ships

[Edited on 4-1-2003 by dazzamuffin]

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy