Author: Subject: Woohoo...back on the water at last
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 30-12-2002 at 17:30 Reply With Quote
Woohoo...back on the water at last

Well, its been a long time coming, but I finally got back out on the water again today...the last sesion was on 1st Dec!

The surf was looking good, so I went out for a quick surf in 3 foot, clean peeling waves at Borth, the wind started picking up (offshore) as soon as I got in though, and continued to get stronger, so after a few waves (including one excellent fast down the line ride with some big flowing turns) I came back in and headed off to the Estuary at Ynyslas where I went windsurfing.

I went out at first with a 5.7m sail and my Hifly, but soon came in and changed down to a 5.0m and my waveboard. This combination was fine for a bit in the choppy waters of the estuary, but after about half an hour it was far too much and I would have been better off with a 4.0m sail. I couldn't be bothered to change down again (and don't have a 4.0m sail anyway), so I just cranked on some more outhaul and hung on.

Derek was out kite-surfing with a 4.0m kite as well and there were a few people, buggying and land-yatching on the beach.

Not bad, for what will no doubt be the last sesion of 2002.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy