Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: shortboard advice please help!!!
CaptainCurly

Member #: 2279
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 13-8-2006 at 17:38 Reply With Quote
shortboard advice please help!!!

Hey, the thing is i cant decide between these two JS shortboard's i have rode a 6'2 20 modern thruster typed fish for a year and i love it however, i want something that will work in bigger surf at Croyde in the autumn and winter. The specs are 6'4 18 3/4 or 6'2 18 1/2. I would say i am a intermediate as i can pull off bottem and top turns ok enough. I am 6'0 tall am a mere 160lb (11.5 stone) i reckon i will be able to rip better on the 6'2 but it seems strange as i already have a 6'2 fish and i think fish's are ment to be a good 4inchs small than your regular shortboard. Or should i play it safe with the 6'4? Any adivce would be appreciated? or feedback on JS boards? Thanks.
BB

Member #: 2267
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 14-8-2006 at 09:21 Reply With Quote
Hey there, playing it safe with the 6-4 is a good bet but experimenting usually does advance your surfing techniques & further improves your skills & knowledge, although if its a indecision based on unsatisfaction then id go for the differing shapes. You say youre around 6ft, a 6-4 would then better suit you i would think, anyway, whatever you decide to do, i can say that resin8's are definately out of the equation mate, dunno if youve heard but they have released a batch of weak crumpling boards that are being returned by loads of unhappy surfers, the JS's are go then i guess, all the best and happy surfing. BB
Pluto
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 598
Posts 281

Mood:

posted on 18-8-2006 at 11:47 Reply With Quote
Go for the 6"4' fella. Especially if you want to use it in bigger surf.

www.kitesurfteacher.co.uk
IKO/BKSA Instructor

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy