going end of august, any info on camping /motorhomes etc

To Infirmary and beyond..

leonardo
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 634
Posts 613

Mood: Chillin' ya bloodclot mahn

posted on 13-7-2006 at 11:09 Reply With Quote
Kitesurfed Tramore on the south coast back in 2001. Top place and probably the friendliest place in the UK i've been to! Plus the Guiness ROCKS!

I'm heading to Ireland next week for a week of travelling the west coast for big surf and wind! Going to be epic. Can't wait, will post up pics when i get back

LEN10 LOOPING..

www.sskiteboarding.com

col123
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 405
Posts 1022

Mood: who needs wind anyway

posted on 13-7-2006 at 12:43 Reply With Quote
nice one leo if possible can you pick me up any travel maps etc..

see you sunday

To Infirmary and beyond..

cjb365
Grommet

Member #: 2091
Posts 5

Mood:

posted on 13-7-2006 at 19:53 Reply With Quote
Ireland

Hi
As said before the irish are really freindly and the beaches are perfect, empty with crystal clear water. For more info goto to www.kitesurfing.ie There are probably 2 main areas for consistent kiting in Ireland, The North west and the south west

North west, in Donegal bay around Sligo up to Donegal with a few more excellent beachs around the north coast its self. Conditions here are generally similar to west wales, waves, flat water etc on massive empty beaches. I spent 6 weeks up there last summer and the kiting and beaches were awesome and worked in most wind directions. This part of Ireland is less touristy and there is a more chilled out attitude up here than elsewhere in Ireland. There really isn't much about here on the net.

The more popular alternative is in the south on the Dingle Peninsula. Its quite popular so there's probably a bit more about it on the net. It might be busier than the north though its also more touristy.
Both about the same distance from dublin when driving across Ireland although the roads aren't so good in the north.

Hope this helps
Charles.

johndoc2000
Beach Bum

Member #: 1697
Posts 18

Mood:

posted on 14-7-2006 at 20:16 Reply With Quote
Enjoy leo & col.
cjb365 is spot on. The North West has some great beaches. Dublin is good fun but get to the west or NW for some real fun.
Rosnowlagh is magic, waves most times - not huge or anything but good fun. They have loads of motorhomes parked up but don't think you can just arrive and park, more mobile homes if tht makes sense. Murvagh just north of there is spot on if you want some flat water, nice and quiet. South to Bundoran town and its a bit cheesy but fairly good for getting some waves and then finding accom and grub.

Heres a fairly good guide that Boards mag let Windsurfing Assoc of Ireland reproduce.

They also have a Irish Windsurfing Association interactive guide. Small but useful

Check here for camping but there are much more. Ballyshannon is handy for the coast in south Donegal but not right on it

3 month max and I'm back there from 8 yrs in London

Let me know if you have any specific ideas about up that way - I don't know the south as well tho

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy