Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Searching for long skateboard grip tape for journey
boardfreedave

Member #: 1835
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 15-4-2006 at 11:11 Reply With Quote
Searching for long skateboard grip tape for journey

Strange request this, but I'm two weeks away from skating the length of the UK on a carbon fibre rolls rolls longboard. I've been hunting around for a type of foam that I could use as a type of grip on my board, but will soak up some vibrations from the road at the same time. Something like the material used on a Gorilla Grip tail pad would be ideal, but the standing area on my board is about 30" x 11".

I've just been surfing around the net and wondered if anyone could offer some advice on the best product to get hold of for my board. Check out www.boardfree.co.uk to find out about my journeys this year, any advice here or to dave@boardfree.co.uk would be awesome. And if anyone out there fancies joining up for a section of the journey the more the merrier!

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 16-4-2006 at 07:42 Reply With Quote
I would imagine that a fairly plain 'Gorilla Grip' type deck grip would be ideal... Just cut it down to size before attaching it.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

prolongboards

Member #: 1875
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 3-5-2006 at 16:45 Reply With Quote
Hey man

I've got a long skateboard shop at http://www.prolongboards.com and have been checking out using some standard surf pads as grip, and have found some on http://www.sandskater.co.uk/shop/products/pb-universal.shtml that will both absorb water and will be quite comfy

Cheers

Rich

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
JonnyT

Member #: 1887
Posts 2

Mood:

posted on 8-5-2006 at 20:30 Reply With Quote
dude,
You've not really picked the best board sponsor, those boards are very rigid... best thing to do would be use a springy deck designed to absorb the energy.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy