Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Best kite for greece
matt777

Member #: 1686
Posts 1

Mood:

posted on 19-1-2006 at 20:50 Reply With Quote
Best kite for greece

I'm going to work in the Greece (Ionian)soon for the summer and would like to kitesurf while there. I am a beginner/intermediate and weigh 10 stone. I have read the average wind is force 3/4/5 and would like to know what would be the best kite size to purchase to get the most time on the water.
Any help will be much appreciated!!

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 19-1-2006 at 21:00 Reply With Quote
Force 3-5 covers quite a wide range... From 7-21 knots, You are unlikely to get out in a Force 3 really, even if you are only 10 stone so you'll be looking at something for Force 4-5... Everyone here will say get one of the new Bow kites (I'm not going to say which one as I'm not joining the xBow vs Sonic argument!) as they have a really wide wind-range, and loads of other characteristics that make them ideal for beginners (Safety issues, relaunching, depower etc etc). I would imagine a 10-12m bow kite would get you comfortably up and going at the lower end of a Force 4 (11 knots), and although it would be OK in a Force 5 once you are more competent, the upper end of a Force 5 will be a bit too much whilst you are learning.

Enjoy.
Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy