Author: Subject: Cabrinha Crossbow
CharlieR
Hot shot

Member #: 1290
Posts 58

Mood: Always all good

posted on 8-12-2005 at 16:38 Reply With Quote
Cabrinha Crossbow

I had a go on the shop's 9m crossbow at weekend at borth. To be honest i was really impressed. I have used the takoon Nova 9 and 12 but not the Sonics. I was really impressed withe the range of the 9 crossbow, I went out intially thinking that there would not be enough grunt to get up and going, but there was. There was only one other out on a 16m to begin with and by the end of the session a few of you were out on 11m to 14m classics and sonics.

Being so fast and responsive, it was possible to generate buckets of power in the lower winds to get uo and plaining, (i was out on a 126cm board and weigh 70kgs). I think that everyone is appreciating the depowerability of these new bows, I have to say that the pulley system on the cabrinha really works well, in comparison to the takoon control system its miles ahead and the bar pressure really is not an issue.

Has anyone flown the larger crossbows or any of the other ones for that matter? If so in what winds and what are they like? I'm sold on the smaller bow kites but want to know if the bigger ones are any good.

www.powerkiteshop.com

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 8-12-2005 at 19:03 Reply With Quote
hi Charlie
a. did you leave one buggy wheel at borth ?
b. graham got a 12 mtre when they first came out and has been flying it ever since, had a go on it when i had been out on my 9 yarga and it depowered and handles the gusts then very well. after the weekend in blackrock it seemed to be equal to a 14 C kite on the lower end but handles wind to a 9 mtr C kite on the top end without a problem. the bar pressure was also not a problem just the design of the oval bar caused pressure points on your hands; whats wrong with a round bar i wonder!

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

CharlieR
Hot shot

Posts 58

posted on 9-12-2005 at 09:22 Reply With Quote
My dopey mate Jared left the buggy wheel under the car after only taking 2 wheels with him in the first place, have you got it? He's in Brum so I could get him to come get it from you. Sometimes you have to wonder at the designs of some of these things, we all know that an oval bar is far more effective than a round one?????

www.powerkiteshop.com

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 9-12-2005 at 09:39 Reply With Quote
Ive got your buggy wheel. Let me know when your over next and Ill hand it over.

I flew a 9 meter Cross bow and thought it felt sweet, a lot better than the 12 which defo has a bar pressure problem. The only thing putting me off is the amount of cross bows that have split down the middle. Due to the very flat foil profile, ( flatter than most bow style kites), it puts a huge amount of pressure on the canopy, thus causing loads to split. I know one poor sod that bought 2 cross bows and both have split!! Apparently cabrina are fixing them under warranty at the moment. Im sure all the bow kites have issues that need resolving, ( even my cherised sonic needed a new c loop on some kites)! I certanly think some are better than others however.

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

CharlieR
Hot shot

Posts 58

posted on 9-12-2005 at 11:46 Reply With Quote
Cheers shem, I'll tell Jared that you have it. If you see Col on his return (nice for some) can you pass it to him. Agree that the 9 flies sweet, have you used the 9 Sonic yet?

www.powerkiteshop.com

Fat Shady
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 1506
Posts 178

Mood:

posted on 9-12-2005 at 14:17 Reply With Quote
I have flown a 9m CrossBow and thought that it was really good.

The wind was very light & others were out on 14 & 16m kites, so I did not really expect to get going. The kite is so fast that by working it, it generated enough power to keep my fat *** on the plane & upwind.

I did not feel there was any more bar pressure than with my Black tip Nitro's and wonder if this is only an issue with certain sizes.

The kite belongs to a friend of mine who is new to kitesurfing & the Crossbow is making the learning process a lot safer and easier. He has got the advantage of being able to let go of the bar, instant relaunch and a massive wind range.

[Edited on 9-12-2005 by Fat Shady]

CharlieR
Hot shot

Posts 58

posted on 9-12-2005 at 14:30 Reply With Quote
That was the other thing with the crossbow, I put it down on the water a few times in different ways and it relaunched so quickly and practically did it itself each time. I wished I could have leant on a Bow!

www.powerkiteshop.com

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 9-12-2005 at 18:50 Reply With Quote
Learning on Bows will defo make learning quicker and safer. A client of mine that normally cant stay up wind was cruzing around happily on a 11 meter sonic in 20 knot gusty Se winds!!

havnt tried the 8 sonic yet, Ive got a load on order due here in 2 weeks!! So cant wait, Ive just had the 14s in though and they are sweet. Up and riding in 7-8 knots!!!!

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy