Author: Subject: my thoughts on the takoon nova 9m
chris
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 79
Posts 402

Mood: i thought the winter/spring wa

posted on 3-11-2005 at 20:36 Reply With Quote
my thoughts on the takoon nova 9m

had a chance to demo a 9m nova at blackrock. had heard lots about this size of bow kite. and like a lot of us I've been surfing the net seeing if all the hype is true.

tested the nova in around 25 knots and boosted the biggest jumps i have ever done. the kite moves nice and quick. more like my 12 caution. i feel the 12 crossbow is a bit slow.
this is the surfing machine and like all the bow kites the depower is the business. i did get over powered because the kite was not setup correctly (just needed to change a few knots) but all i had to do was let go! a strange concept but i let go and it all stopped.

now the bit that i think needs work on is the bar. its a bit of a mess. a long depower strap and two central lines and strange bar ends (like socks). the bar is fine when you are kiting , but setting up the lines and after i dropped the kite in the water the lines got tangled and slowed up what should have been a quick relaunch. the stopper design is quite a good idea but needs a Popper or clip instead of Velcro.

so after a couple of sessions i feel the kite is epic. not so unlike "old" kites. its top end has got to be reaching 40kns. may get a chance to test its low end but it feels like it would be the same as my 12. as other people have said the power is there you just don't feel it as much. could kite for hours on these things.

the 9 is not the one kite quiver (unless you use a surfboard and a tt!). but a 9 and a 16 C kite would cover all the options.

the kite is epic but for those who are waiting for mk2 then it will be in the bar that will be redesigned because the kite works and the hype is true.

now all i have to do is wait for my bow kite to arrive.

kiting just got even better.

see you all on the beach

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy