<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
Author: Subject: Grrrrrr.......
justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 18-7-2008 at 08:14 Reply With Quote
Managed a quick hour nicely powered in 20-25 knots in the end. Was supposed to be mountain-biking but went windsurfing in the end.

Looking OK out there again today, so shall I windsurf or shall I head to Llandegla for a play on the bike?

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

jack russell
Hot shot

Member #: 7782
Posts 32

Mood: yam goooin to tha beach

posted on 7-8-2008 at 10:30 Reply With Quote
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (hey think I'm getting the hang of it now). Sitting in the kitchen in Capel Seion gazing across the valley at the wind farm and just look at it, not one turbine turning, bugger. Even if it was blowing just look at the low water times, Grrrrrr Grrrrrrr Grrrrrr
Now that leaves me a dilemma; over the weekend I felled 12 twenty five foot 'orrible leylandii trees in the back garden (wrecking the chainsaw in the process) now armed with a 24 inch bow saw guess who got the job of cutting the whole lot up for fire wood, muggins. OR................ out in the garage the landlord informs me there's a mountain bike in need of not a little tinkering to get it usable but it's there for the taking if I fancy it.
What am I gonna do with myself today????
So you see guys my point here is this: what's worse than work schmurk? Moving from middle England to kite heaven, signing onto uncle Gordon's jobseekers club hoping to last the summer without finding gainful employ, keeping ya buggy on the bike rack and ya entire fortune in kites in the back of the kangoo ready to go and the moon phase won't expose any hard packed smooth playground til 7 tonight and God thinks giving the Yam Yams a still, sunshiny day on MY BEACH is what we want Grrrrrrrrrrrr

[Edited on 7-8-2008 by jack russell]

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 7-8-2008 at 11:39 Reply With Quote
Jack.... There should be plenty of hard packed sand for you by about 3pm.

But really you should chop that wood!!!

Al.

jack russell
Hot shot

Posts 32

posted on 7-8-2008 at 16:04 Reply With Quote
Now you've done it Al - I've got a mental image of you on my left shoulder dressed in white with angels wings whispering in my lughole "Jack you know you should". Now I just need Shem dressed in red on the other one going "go on Jack you know you wanna kite" haha.
It's still Grrr Grrr the damned windmills are still not moving, I've seen more puff on the Graham Norton show.
Any old how I've got this bike upside down and my toolbox out. I've got til winter to chop wood and if all else fails I burn all the stupid letters from the dole office hahahaha

justanna
Administrator

Member #: 2
Posts 251

Mood:

posted on 8-8-2008 at 13:58 Reply With Quote
Sounds like you need a subscription to the weather station (shameless plug!) then you'll know how windy it is (in our garden at least!).

If I remember correctly it was ALWAYS windy when we lived in Capel Seion and I'm sure we spent more time at the beach waiting for wind than we did at home (that'll explain why we moved to Ynyslas!)

Al, you've probably got wood to chop as well

jack russell
Hot shot

Posts 32

posted on 10-8-2008 at 12:47 Reply With Quote
Anna, you're right I do need to pay up for the weather station - but living on 60 quid a week from uncle Gordons dole club I'm having to cut my cloth accordingly!!! I'm all done playing with my chopper now, the firewood cupboards are full to the brim so if anyone needs a man with a saw............... or just a sore hahaha.
jack russell
Hot shot

Posts 32

posted on 21-8-2008 at 19:46 Reply With Quote
hey Al only two Grrrrrrrrr's today - first one is Grrrrrrrrrr Al's a lucky lucky jammy get i rode down to your house from capel seion on the mountain bike and through the dunes from your driveway to the best kept buggy secret ever!!!!!!! slightly cross shore perfectly clean breeze today and luckily i'd thrown the 6 metre in my rucksack... what a surface, took me about an hour and a half to ride down leaving out at 3 so caught the tide condition absolutely sweet. One buggy out and one board rider both on flexi blades. Second Grrrrrrrrrrr? well more of a gasp and a cardiac arrest, the back road from rheidol riding school at Capel Bangor back to home is a 20% never ending gradient I challenge all you mad keen mountain bikers to ride up it to my place and I'll provide the beer at the top!!!!!!! I've got to find a rented room in Borth or Capel Dewi for the winter

ride it like you stole it

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 30-9-2008 at 08:06 Reply With Quote
OK... I know most of you are sat at work reading this knowing that the wind is howling so can probably add your own frutrated post to this thread, but this is driving me mad!!!

Its 35 knots out there and I've got few hours free. In fact I have freed up yesterday and today ready for some proper autumnal windsurf action. So here I am a hundred metres from the beach all ready to go, the wind is howling and yet I'm here in front of my computer because of a striped thread on a stupid little nut that holds my fin in the board.

Arrrrggggghhhh Its not fair! Grrrrr.....

Al.

jack russell
Hot shot

Posts 32

posted on 30-9-2008 at 11:48 Reply With Quote
I know the feeling sunshine I could be riding coz bone idle dole drawing buggers get to do that but I've stripped the thread that holds my left elbow together haha!

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 30-9-2008 at 15:14 Reply With Quote
Managed to bodge the fin connection thanks to SimonC popping into a hardware store on his way to the beach and getting a smaller nut and bolt that I was able to place through the original nut. Not perfect but at least it got me on the water for for a quick session.

Dunk has now brought me some more nuts and bolts so I should be OK for tomorrow as well.

Thanks guys!
Al.

jack russell
Hot shot

Posts 32

posted on 22-10-2008 at 16:14 Reply With Quote
Grrrrrr Grrrrrrrr YAY! I am now a resident of Borth - be very careful what you wish for Jack!!!!!!! The Grrrrrrrr is because I'm up to my eyeballs in Cif power liquid and all the magnolia emulsion you can wave a roller at - I'm committed the carpets are going down on Friday and yet the sun is out and the wind is blowin' Grrrrrrrrrrrr ......
BEACH I can see the sea from my living room mummy!!!!!! here comes my winter schedule YAY wooop woop!

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 24-10-2008 at 12:26 Reply With Quote
Where in Borth are you???

I've just been out for a sail and there wasn't enough wind... Of course, now that I'm back at home the wind is picking up nicely! Grrrrrr.....

Al.

jack russell
Hot shot

Posts 32

posted on 24-10-2008 at 15:16 Reply With Quote
London House mate it's next to the tandoori!!!!!!!

jack russell
Hot shot

Posts 32

posted on 20-11-2008 at 13:03 Reply With Quote
GRRRRRRRRR Grrrrrrr Grrrrrr up at crack of sparrowfart this morning, fed and watered and walked to Ynyslas as it got light. Conditions great so I got warmed up with a 3.5metre few runs under the belt to see how my dodgy elbow would hold up and then got 4.5 out.
First run backwards from stationary and a horrible crunching noise as my wheel bearings let go on the left rear and that was my 15 minutes in the sunshine riding over.
Guess who caught the 11 oclock train into aber to visit the bearing man on the glanyrafon. My wallet is weeping
Better luck tomorrow Jack

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 15-1-2009 at 11:58 Reply With Quote
How come since I started working at the university on a Thursday, every Thursday has been windy!!! Grrrr.

Whats worse today is that there is a bug swell as well. I can see The Trap from here and it looks huge.

Al.

shem

Member #: 150
Posts 2204

Mood: ##kite board demo centre##stan

posted on 15-1-2009 at 16:51 Reply With Quote
I feel your pain also All, Thursdayt and Friday are the only days I cant play, GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Kite & SUP wales
Caravan decking wales

jack russell
Hot shot

Posts 32

posted on 7-3-2009 at 22:26 Reply With Quote
Oooooh I was just looking for Al's grrrrr about a flat tyre on the wheelbarrow after reading his diary entry for the "first ride of the year" you should be ashamed to confess it son! Look on the bright side the tyre was only flat at the bottom mate. I'm up in the morning you want my spare inner tube to fix it Al?

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 8-3-2009 at 06:04 Reply With Quote
Cheers Jack... I can assure you the tyre was flat at the top as well! The bottom felt as though it wasn't just flat but was glued to the ground as well!

It is pretty bad that yesterday was my first windsurf session of the year though. I can't remember the last time I had over two months without a sail... I have been out quite a bit on the mountain bike though and I did go Stand-up Paddle surfing the other day so I don't feel too bad.

Thanks for the offer an an inner tube, but I need a new tyre as well as the one on the wheelbarrow has rotted away. Nothing lasts long if left outside around here.. I won't be around today either as I'm doing the Mawddach Goldrush at Coed y Brenin... I must be mad, perfect weather for windsurfing and the first wind we've had for a while and I'm going to be slogging around a wet, muddy forest in the pouring rain.... Grrrr... (there you go, my Grrrrr for the weekend!).

Al.

jack russell
Hot shot

Posts 32

posted on 8-3-2009 at 18:34 Reply With Quote
Ah bless could be worse mate - Mark E and myself spent twenty minutes in the dunes at lunchtime cornering my 2.5 bullet after it ran away with my biggest corkscrew petstake bent at 90 degrees!!!!! Grrrrrrr ... I haven't a clue what the wind came through at during a short squall but we took it as a warning from God and headed back to Borth for bacon butties haha. Now tyres I don't do - got a 1.4 beamer at the bottom of the quiver bag you could hook that onto the wheelbarrow if you like..........

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 20-8-2009 at 13:19 Reply With Quote
Blowing a hoolie and I'm still stuck indoors recovering from flu, chest infection and recent hospital visit.

Its 25-30 knots and sunny out there.

Grrrrrr...

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy