Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Poll: Favourtie Bodyboard Maker/Designer?
Hot Buttered
Manta
Rheopaipo
CustomX
Fourplay
Nomad
Mike Stewart
BZ
Genesis
NMD

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Favourtie Bodyboard Maker/Designer?
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 325
Posts 486

Mood: Well and truly Stoked!

posted on 4-6-2005 at 19:14 Reply With Quote
Favourtie Bodyboard Maker/Designer?

Ok i got so bored i made another poll, why doesnt anyone make new threads anymore?

What's your favourite bodyboard make/designer?

There are of course more designers but i could only fit on 10 answers to choose from.

booger
Pro

Member #: 1324
Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 16-6-2005 at 09:50 Reply With Quote
haha own up, who voted manta?? 4play for sure my rawlins has copped a good floogin and is still going hard, talking bout rawlins i saw him out today and he surfs like a god! NMD, nomad, MS, hot buttered etc are sik aswell so many good board brands now. do you fellas get nomad boards over there??
MrSimes
Beach Bum

Member #: 1369
Posts 22

Mood: DREAMING

posted on 16-6-2005 at 09:52 Reply With Quote
Hey wheres BSD???????
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 16-6-2005 at 09:54 Reply With Quote
they suck!
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 16-6-2005 at 11:53 Reply With Quote
I aint heard of BSD, dont they make surfboards? What you on about booger lol, manta are an aussie make...they are well popular over hear, if there is one board make i have seen the most in Britain and France then i would have to say manta...SICK!

We get some Nomad, but at the end of the day its all about personal preference, to be honest they all seem the same to me, its just the company name is different and they try to sell the board by describing it with lots of techno language that nearly every board has anyway

...i reckon just stick with the one you like.

[Edited on 16-6-2005 by Airborne]

MrSimes
Beach Bum

Member #: 1369
Posts 22

Mood: DREAMING

posted on 16-6-2005 at 12:02 Reply With Quote
NEVER HEARD OF BSD??? BEN SEVERSON DESIGNS?? NEVER?? Oh well they make boards from Hawaii
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 16-6-2005 at 12:21 Reply With Quote
Thats probably why i havent heard of them...from Hawaii sounds good enough

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 17-6-2005 at 03:41 Reply With Quote
everyboard is not really the same, the majority of good board makers use pp or pe cores now thats about the similarity of all the boards, NMD has now produced a special stringer which flexes to maintain board stiffness but give extra flex in some situations and everyboard has different dimensions eg length,wide point, nose to wide point, rails, nose width, tail etc. and then even if 2 board have exact same dimensions and stringers officially it comes down to quality of construction of board by the shaper like how well rails are constructed (quality of board) which is usually determined by a good shaper
A good simple example of how all boards dont ride the same is try dking a hollow wave on a bat tail board and then on a cresent tail board u will no doubt notice the diff

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 17-6-2005 at 13:05 Reply With Quote
many boards have the same type of stringer as the NMD...thats what im on about, NMD have probably just said that, even when thats the main purpose of a stringer anyway :S

there are different dimensions like you said for dk or prone, but also because of the riders size

plus i think all of the companies must make them at a similar quality or else they wouldn't be in the buisness. for example it would be unusual to compare say a 4play board and a BZ board and notice a difference in construction quality

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 18-6-2005 at 05:21 Reply With Quote
nmd havent even bought the stringer out yet they will be out in 2006 board range, it will be unique to nmd, 4play may get a hold of it aswell but u def wont find it in manta etc
Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 18-6-2005 at 09:30 Reply With Quote
see how they give it to 4play as well, your two best board makes, convenient lol, we never get anything

i dont get it, the description you gave sounds similar to the normal job of a stringer, is there an article about it? because if it is different it sounds cool

cheers.
airborne

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 24-6-2005 at 07:28 Reply With Quote
heard abit of news about 4play today. 4play is now owned by manta (its transition to becoming a kook brand has started unfortunately)
somehow they have not managed to be able to secure any Dow core for there boards this year?? so there is no dow core 4plays just pp this year (a fukin joke cause i prefer dow core and was hanging out for the new hardy board) im thinking of getting either a new hot buttered (hughsy, virty), nmd (winny, player) or MS7 instead of 4play, dunno yet

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 24-6-2005 at 09:25 Reply With Quote
well well well

hold on a sec booger...how many times have you told us that 4play are a really good make, and now that manta are going to take over them they have suddenly become kooky. I dont get it.

Thats all the better for me because i like manta, but its a shame 4play have to result to it cus they're good.

Booger can i ask, do you always go for a board that has been riden by a bodyboarder...or its their design or has their name on it?

booger
Pro

Posts 145

Mood:

posted on 24-6-2005 at 10:35 Reply With Quote
nah way man, when did i say they were kook, in there prime last few years they have been premier board maker in the world, i said they may be starting the transition to shit which i hope not, how can u give me shit about that?? they are still a sick brand and the pp boards will most prob be awsome, what im saying is manta focuse on cheap mass production board (lower end of the market) and i hope 4play doesnt go like this sacrafice quality boards for sale quantity

the way i choose boards is chek which boards come in dow which narrows it to about half the market then see which boards have the template i like which in the past has been basic (none of this hubb elbow pad, arm grip, graphic slick shit) good for both dk and prone, i usually look at everyboard feel it in the shop chek quality of constuction, i also ride my mates boards to get a feel of different templates and cores, then usually what it comes down to is a choice between the best boards on the market from most brands which are usually signature models

what ur trying to say airborne is that a nmd spec smokes a nmd player which is your opinion but personally i would rather ride the player heaps better template etc. but if i believed that the nmd spec had a better template than the nmd player i would definately ride it over the player. an example of this is i would definately ride a nmd base, hell sick template, that is a board no pro booger rides, as well as this i would ride a few of the MS range

Airborne
A Force-of-Nature **

Posts 486

posted on 24-6-2005 at 15:26 Reply With Quote
Hi booger,

Firstly i wasnt "giving you shit" about it at all...in a way it seemed like you were saying 4play are turning into a kook make, thats what i was implying
because you wrote:
"its transition to becoming a kook brand has started unfortunately"

Manta make some alright boards, but yes your right they do focus on cheaper boards, which is good for us lot that dont sponge much because of not living near the coast, or those of us that cant or dont want to buy a bodyboard for £300. We will have to see if Manta turns 4Play into something your dreading or not.

I totally understand your last paragraph and yes thats what i was trying to say.

Wow you sure do go through a lot of work to chose your board...but seeing as you go boarding a lot then thats good. I dont make too much fuss about choosing my boards because i dont regularly get to go boarding. I just look at some reviews and specs then weigh that out with the price, thats why Manta suits me, like we mentioned earlier with the lower priced market.

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy