Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
Author: Subject: borth massif-cordial invite...
willf
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 915
Posts 238

Mood: landlocked and sick of it.

posted on 14-4-2005 at 15:27 Reply With Quote
borth massif-cordial invite...

As one of Borth massifs newest (AND YOUNGEST!!!) members i have not yet fully undergone the transformation from a troony massif boy.
Now we all know that the Borth massif is probably the friendliest massif around but they are rivalled by one other and this is the troon massif.
And it is beacause the troon massif are so friendly that they are inviting us through me on a trip in june (25th june to 3rd july). The trip will be a week in Tiree.
Tiree is the sunniest windiest place ine the uk with white sand and blue see clean winds in all directions catered for and a lake with clean wind and flat water that is waste deep.
it will also be summer solstice time so in scotland that means kiting 24 hours a day for the duracell bunnies (neil!).
It would be great if some guys could join us i know the massifs would become one friendly massif if we only gave it a chance!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pluto
A Force-of-Nature *

Member #: 598
Posts 281

Mood:

posted on 14-4-2005 at 18:24 Reply With Quote
Sounds tempting. Bloody long drive though. How long does that trip take Will?

I'll be checking the diary and will get back to you....

www.kitesurfteacher.co.uk
IKO/BKSA Instructor

justal
Administrator

Member #: 1
Posts 7350

Mood: Just Chillin Dude

posted on 14-4-2005 at 19:19 Reply With Quote
It doesn't take too long... Borth to Oban usually takes me about 7 hours in my transit... Of course I usually then go to the Outer Hebrides rather than the Inner Hebrides which is an 8 hour ferry crossing rather than than the 4 hours to Tiree (via Coll)

Just the thought of it has me wanting to plan another trip to the Outer Hebrides though... It is well worth it.

Al.

URL: Pixelwave Design - Website Design Wales
Shop: Website Templates

Personal Weblog: A Simple Life of Luxury in West Wales

willf
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 238

posted on 14-4-2005 at 22:24 Reply With Quote
oh come on Al you don't have to go to outa heb's to have fun you know! come with us you know tiree is good i'm possibly taking another week and going on to lewis and harris but not sure yet.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 15-4-2005 at 06:15 Reply With Quote
I can't afford two holidays in one year Wilf... I'm going to the Isle of Man soon, so won't be going to Scotland as well I'm afraid.

Given the choice I would prefer the Outer Hebrides though just because there are more options once you get there and less people than on Tiree... Although, I don't include Lewis and Harris in that comment as they were a bit too busy for me as well and it is also quite a drive from one spot to another on Lewis... At least everything is just around the corner on Tiree!

I tend to just go to the Uists these days as you can then get to quite a few different islands as lots of them are now joined by causeways and there are just SO many different beaches. It is a pretty special place, and accomodation is free once you get there (as long as you have a van..or tent I guess).

Last time I went was in July and there wasn't huge amounts of wind...still enough to get out with a 13m, but not lots.. Whereas every time I have been in Sept/Oct it has been 4m weather most days with HUGE (and I mean absolutely massive) surf! Certainly the bigest surf I've ever seen, including a day with easily 30 foot faces!!!... No, I didn't go out I went to the other side of the island and surfed a beach facing in completely the opposite direction where the surf was still head high!

Have I sold the Hebrides to anyone yet?? You should have fun.

Al.

leonardo
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 634
Posts 613

Mood: Chillin' ya bloodclot mahn

posted on 15-4-2005 at 06:34 Reply With Quote
Yo WILLDUDE!!

This trip sounds sweet! What will the Troon massif be doing re. accom? staying in tents on the beach and possibly eating fresh mussels caught on the low tide with warmed up tinned sardines + BEER?

Also, is it a boys trip up? i may be up for it! Never kited in Scotland before...do ya reckon it'll be shorty conditions? possibly even baggies maybe?

LEN10 LOOPING..

www.sskiteboarding.com

chris
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 79
Posts 402

Mood: i thought the winter/spring wa

posted on 15-4-2005 at 08:32 Reply With Quote
will could be interested. so like leo whats the score are we taking vans, tents, credit cards?
will be intouch via the tinternet.

Spooker
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 932
Posts 624

Mood: rattle dem bones

posted on 15-4-2005 at 09:02 Reply With Quote
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

like the sound of all this

I'm a definite possible

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 15-4-2005 at 10:29 Reply With Quote
give us a clue as to the ferry charges for the vans; me thinks it could be seriously costly knowing the Scotts!
Spooker
A Force-of-Nature ***

Posts 624

posted on 15-4-2005 at 11:37 Reply With Quote
Neil,

vehicle 5 day return - up to 5m = £125, up to 8m = £188

get some friends & go cheap

Tiree is in the Guiness book of records as the sunniest place in Scotland, consistant winds, gulf stream - warm seas, reef girls..

Oh, might have made that last bit up

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 15-4-2005 at 11:47 Reply With Quote
the £188 is ok. but friends; um where can you get them from and how much do they cost?
now miles ; how far at about 25 to the gallon?
take a week off work, without pay.
the cost is rising and am still saving up for the month of august in france + will have just come back from teneriff.
dont think my money tree will cope no matter how good the trip looks.

[Edited on 15/4/05 by mNeil

[Edited on 15/4/05 by mNeil]

Spooker
A Force-of-Nature ***

Posts 624

posted on 15-4-2005 at 12:02 Reply With Quote
389 miles to Oban (from telford) = 15.56 gallons, x 2 x £3.85 = £118

anything else?

maybe there should be an ask spooker thread?

total transport cost = £306 - not including Yorkies

If you are serious tho lemme know coz we could team up and halve the cost

justal
Administrator

Posts 7350

posted on 15-4-2005 at 12:34 Reply With Quote
Leo... Doubt that it will be shortie weather... Whenever I've been up there I've worn a full winter suit, both in July and Sept/Oct... Mind you, on a nice sunny day you might be lukcy but I'd take the winter suit with you as well.... The water always looks turquoise and inviting but it ain't warm!!

Al.

badexcuseforasailor
A Force-of-Nature ***

Top Poster 2003

Member #: 116
Posts 846

Mood: wheres the wind?

posted on 15-4-2005 at 13:59 Reply With Quote
Sounds very tempting ......but I will be windsurfing in shorts and rashy in El Tur that week

http://brogboroughlake.windsurf.me.uk/

leonardo
A Force-of-Nature ***

Member #: 634
Posts 613

Mood: Chillin' ya bloodclot mahn

posted on 15-4-2005 at 16:56 Reply With Quote
starting to sound SUPER SWEET...wind, sun consistent surf and clean winds, i'm leaving the chicken loop behind ..pulley bar it is and here comes some serious unhooked tricks

Willdude - who u travelling up with?

LEN10 LOOPING..

www.sskiteboarding.com

willf
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 238

posted on 15-4-2005 at 18:57 Reply With Quote
duuuuudes what an awesome response!!!
Yeah we are going as cheap as possible those with vans who want to can take them but most will be camping on the beach and Leo how did you know about the mussels!

so yeah free accomadation. know the guys over there already willy angus and co. all good craic probably a boyish holiday but mate dan will have his girl with him i expect. i'm not coz she's got exams.

Leo as yet i'm travelling alone (excluding dog of course!) spare room for you if ya want!

I may have created a monster trip!

Come on!!!!!

Also for people who want more hol for their dosh there is a island hopper ticket for about £160 that allows a few trips to different islands for up to 2 weeks i think. I'm probably going to stick to tiree.

Tiree is a sort of holy pilgrimage for scottish kitesurfers it's a big play ground though i must warn van owners-my mate martin had his van written off when it was attacked by a rogue cow. (just jumped out at him!!!)

waves sun wind warm ish 24hour light how can you say no to that. no wind in day hey ho just go out at 11pm when it picks up again...

we are keeping organisation fairly low key but if i get an idea of numbers i'll get in touch with willy see if he can sort out a deal on ferries poss acomm for the non camper types...

Will

chris
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 79
Posts 402

Mood: i thought the winter/spring wa

posted on 15-4-2005 at 19:18 Reply With Quote
looking like i could be in. will only take the van if i can get at least one other person to travel with. otherwise i'll camp.

nice one william always wanted to get to tiree.
must take my surf board or two.

willf
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 238

posted on 16-4-2005 at 13:03 Reply With Quote
i got Leo for definite in my van may have another guy from bristol coming who could maybe go in chris's van but he's a maybe so far... this could be briliant guys don't miss out! we could even drop in on troon itself for a wee sesh!

willy is an inspiring balls to the wall rider as well so he'll give us a run for our money-bring it on!!!

willf
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 238

posted on 16-4-2005 at 14:24 Reply With Quote
anyone wanting info on tiree can i refer you to an article in Kitesurf jan and feb issue page 74 abd troon is on page 90.
willf
A Force-of-Nature *

Posts 238

posted on 17-4-2005 at 11:09 Reply With Quote
may have to change the dates for this wee trip to the week after as girlf as just reminded me that one of her family members is sposed to be staying with me that week and i hadn't written it down!!! oops. let me know which week is best i think probably it will be week after though.

<<  1    2    3  >>

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy