Forces-of-Nature Forums

Last Active : Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]

windsurf, Kitesurf, Waves, Surf, Sunset

Printable Version
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Re: 9th February 2005 Diary Entry by Jonny.
SeanBo
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 135
Posts 337

Mood: Optimistic!

posted on 14-2-2005 at 16:10 Reply With Quote
Re: 9th February 2005 Diary Entry by Jonny.

On 9th February 2005, Jonny wrote:

quote:
Other: Rotorua - NZ
Wind Direction:
Wind Stength:
Surf / Sea State:
Air Temperature: 27C
Sea Temperature:
Weather: Sunshine

Rotorua stinks with all the eggy sulphur. After seeing the impressive thermal pools, boiling mud pools and water spoting Geysers. I went to the Agrodome to do some ZORBING.
Was quite expensive and I only had 3 rides but it was fun. My first ride I was strapped into the harness and sent down the hill in a staright line. The first few rotations were ok but then I was incoherent and didnt know what the hell was happening after the zorb picked up some speed.
My next 2 runs were much better as they followed a zigzag course down the hill. There were a few buckets of water in the Zorb so I had to attempt to run down inside the zorb without falling over but I kept wiping out on the second bend so was completely all over the place bouncing around till I came to a rest on the bottom.
Great fun and a great invention all though a bit pricey. One run cost the equivalent of 12 quid just to go down a 150 metre course that the hill was only 100ft high. Quite pricey for here in NZ but I spose in the UK it would be average. Theres only one other place in the world you can do this and thats in Kilkenny in Ireland. If I were to set up a business in the UK, this would be it, loadsa potential.

Hate to be a killjoy, but there are other places....Swanage in Dorset being one of them...
Swanage Zorbing
Very tempted myself....

Is there wind on the way??

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy