Author: Subject: Ho Ho
Dave
A Force-of-Nature **

Member #: 15
Posts 388

Mood: Hey Ho

posted on 9-12-2004 at 17:23 Reply With Quote
Ho Ho

Justal was walking along the beach at Borth. Suddenly it stopped raining and the clouds above his head opened up. A loud booming voice said, "I am the Lord and because you have thus far lived a good life, I will grant you one wish."

Justal said, "Oh thank you; can you build a bridge from here to Maui so I can drive over in my van whenever I want to go windsurfing, surfing or kiting in warm waters and I won't have to wear my gimp suit."

The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. It’s on the other side of the world! Think of the supports required to reach the bottom of the Oceans! The concrete and steel it would take! It would exhaust many natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that would honour and glorify me."

Justal thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand my wife. I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's wrong, and how I can make a woman truly happy."

The Lord replied, "Do you want two lanes or four on that bridge?"

mNeil
A Force-of-Nature ****

Member #: 276
Posts 1840

Mood: looking forward to some snowbo

posted on 9-12-2004 at 19:50 Reply With Quote
tricky chaps women!

A KITE IS FOR LIFE!! THAT IS IF ITS A YARGA.

founder of storm'n Normans van club!

Website Design in Wales, UK by Pixelwave DesignPixelwave Web Design.

© Alan R Cole 2000...E=Mailjustal@forces-of-nature.co.uk

Privacy